LG IPS231P
LG IPS235T
Asus VE248H

Thanks

More about : monitor

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 1, 2012 1:41:17 PM

Which one of the three "best for" is the priority? For gaming you want the fastest response time, for movies you want the deepest blacks, and for Internet anything will do!
m
l
October 1, 2012 2:02:13 PM

IPS monitors generally aren't good for gaming, so the Asus would be the best for games since it's the only TN panel in your list. I'd probably go with the Dell for movies.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 2:07:43 PM

SO there is a reason you want IPS or?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 2:12:21 PM

akopp21 said:
IPS monitors generally aren't good for gaming, so the Asus would be the best for games since it's the only TN panel in your list. I'd probably go with the Dell for movies.

While that is true most of the time, there are some IPS monitors with response time comparable to that of 2ms TN monitors.
Out of the monitors you listed the first two are the best, but if you've got some more money to spend the Asus PA238Q is much better than both of them.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 1, 2012 2:22:22 PM

Dell has the best image quality of the ones you chose, but Asus is known for being better in fast action gaming. With that said, I don't notice any issues with my Dell. Depends on what you want.

Do you want accurate color renditioning or maybe faster in games?
m
l
October 1, 2012 3:24:28 PM

Well both games and movies are important to me so I guess it's either the Dell S2330MX or the Asus VE248H, the Asus is a bit more expensive but it's bigger and has a bit higher contrast ratio...

In what way IPS is better than regular monitor (TFT)?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 6:29:20 PM

IPS stands for In Plain switching which offers the best viewing angles. SO for example if your like me and like to sit side ways in my chair, I get the same viewing angle sitting in my chair side ways as i would sitting up straight looking directly at it
m
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
a c 128 C Monitor
October 1, 2012 6:32:49 PM

The best option for gaming is a 120hz TN display, but the colors aren't as true and their is some color shift. However, refresh rates help reduce latency by roughly 8ms on average. While this isn't a big deal for some types of games, 1st person and over the shoulder games where you use a mouse to control the movement, it is quite noticeably more responsive.
m
l
!