Samsung VS Asus Monitor.

Hi again everyone. I just returned my Asus IPS monitor because I simply couldn't stand the backlight glow I was getting off of it. Really distracted from dark scenes in movies / games.

Anyhow I decided to go with a non IPS monitor for the time being. I narrowed my decision down to two monitors and I would like to ask the community which monitor they think would have the best display. The Samsung is initally more expensive but has a much higher response time (8ms). I like the look of the Asus a little more but if you guys think the Samsung would have a better picture then I will go with it.

Here they are.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=70261&vpn=LS24A650SSK%2FZA&manufacture=Samsung&promoid=1030

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=68712&vpn=VE248Q&manufacture=ASUS
8 answers Last reply
More about samsung asus monitor
  1. there is brightness adjustment. it is only going to be worst on the monitors that you just selected since they are even brighter

if you want to, you can try this
    http://www.amazon.com/AOC-i2367Fh-23-Inch-Screen-Monitor/dp/B009V8F700
  2. As far as brightness on my Asus IPS monitor, I played with alot of settings but nothing seemed to effect the glow very much. Apparently backlight glow is a common problem with most all IPS monitors.

Does anyone have any input on the two monitors I posted? Or perhaps a better non IPS alternative? Unless I am mistaken and there are some better IPS panels out there that do not suffer from excessive backlight.
  3. i dont see any glow on my pa238qr. but if you are going TN, expect half to 80% the image quality of a IPS panel
  4. for real?
  5. yes depending on the monitor. for asus and samsung, you get 80%of the image quality of what a good IPS panel like the asus can do.

from what i saw. not all people can tell the difference though
  6. well you say you have the PA238QR and don't notice any backlight glow at all? I went through 4 different ones and each one gave very noticable backlight glow. I garuntee that if you turn the lights out and look a a dark image on the screen you will notice signifigant glow.

From what I read most ALL IPS monitors have this. To me this is not superior image quality. Granted IPS may have better viewing angles, but as far as image QUALITY, I just dont see it.

It's really too bad, the Asus PA238QR is one badass monitor, but the annoying glow is too much for me to justify keeping it.
  7. If you don't like it, don't worry about it. Just get a normal monitor, I have a samsung 22" myself, and it's been great.
  8. jeffvmahar said:
    well you say you have the PA238QR and don't notice any backlight glow at all? I went through 4 different ones and each one gave very noticable backlight glow. I garuntee that if you turn the lights out and look a a dark image on the screen you will notice signifigant glow.

From what I read most ALL IPS monitors have this. To me this is not superior image quality. Granted IPS may have better viewing angles, but as far as image QUALITY, I just dont see it.

It's really too bad, the Asus PA238QR is one badass monitor, but the annoying glow is too much for me to justify keeping it.

ok now i get what you mean. its pretty normal for any IPS panel or TN. just that if you have a glossy monitor, it kinda fixes it a little for me. its perfectly normal though
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Asus Monitors Samsung Systems