Sign in with
Your question

Will this corsair 600w builder series v2 be enough?

Last response: in Systems
November 24, 2012 9:06:42 PM
April 4, 2013 11:01:37 AM

TheBigTroll said:
first of all, heres a better build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/phSa

technically it is enough, but the xfx 550w is a much better unit

Hello, I'm also wondering the same thing, do you know if the 600w corsair builder series provide adequate power for GTX 660 SLI?

I currently have:
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1050t
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Memory: DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)
Storage: WD 1TB 3,5" Green drive
Graphics card: GT 520
PSU: Corsair 600W Builder Series (Recently brought)

I plan on upgrading graphics card, RAM and motherboard and I only just brought the Corsair 600W Builder Series, but I was thinking about upgrading graphics to GTX 660 SLI but am not sure if my power supply is good enough, but don't want to buy a new one as I only got this one 2weeks ago.
Related resources
April 5, 2013 9:04:37 AM

YLLiBz said:
TheBigTroll said:

Hello, I'm also wondering the same thing, do you know if the 600w corsair builder series provide adequate power for GTX 660 SLI?

I currently have:

I plan on upgrading graphics card, RAM and motherboard and I only just brought the Corsair 600W Builder Series, but I was thinking about upgrading graphics to GTX 660 SLI but am not sure if my power supply is good enough, but don't want to buy a new one as I only got this one 2weeks ago.

first of all, you cant run SLI with that motherboard and second, the builder series are rather low quality. if it was a high quality 650w unit from units made by seasonic, it can be done. buy a good psu and buy a single more powerful GPU like a 7870xt or 7950
November 17, 2013 5:24:57 PM

TheBigTroll said:
YLLiBz said:
TheBigTroll said:

I currently have:

first of all, you cant run SLI with that motherboard and second, the builder series are rather low quality. if it was a high quality 650w unit from units made by seasonic, it can be done. buy a good psu and buy a single more powerful GPU like a 7870xt or 7950

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for helping, I know that mobo can't run sli its my current board was going to upgrade that at the same time, I'm now about to buy a gtx 780 ti as a friend is selling it cheap, would I be able to run that card with the power supply I currently have, if not what power supply would you recommend from Corsair as I want to keep my psu Corsair, thanks! :) 

My current build now is slightly different:
I currently have:
Memory: Kingston HyperX DDR3 16GB (4x4GB)
Storage: x2 WD 1TB 3,5" Green drive + Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD
Graphics card: GTX 660 (looking to upgrade to a 780ti as stated above!)
PSU: Corsair 600W Builder Series
November 18, 2013 2:11:27 PM

no. get at least a i5 4670k based rig before even thinking about a 780ti. there are no cheap 780tis and the fact that your rig is going to be a bottleneck anyways makes it a terrible choice

!