Solved

Building Soon! Any ideas would be nice!

So I have been dreaming about building a custom computer for 2 years. I finally have the chance to do it, and I am going all out. I am 17 years old and just got $700 for selling my old computer + Christmas money. I have researched parts for about 4 months now and I think I am ready to start this. I am posting this for you to help me if you think there is a better part for my system. I already have the monitor, hard drive, dvd-tray, and OS

I will link every part to Newegg, but I am buying all the parts through Amazon (because I get free shipping), but it comes to around $640 before taxes, so roughly $690 with taxes

Parts:

CPU: Fx-8320 I don't want intel :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285

MOBO: 970A-G46 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130637

CASE: HAF 912 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

PSU: Cooler Master 500W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031

RAM: Patriot Viper 3 series (2x4gb) DDR3 1866mhz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220737

GPU: HIS 7850 2gb GDDR5 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

CPU COOLER: Antec H20 620 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209049

I have been split on either the Antec 620 or the Hyper Evo 212?? What do you think??

Thanks!

I changed the 600 watts to the 500 watt version to save $20. I checked on http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and with the cpu at 1.5 volts this system runs at 450 watts giving me 50 watts to overclock my gpu. Do you think 500 is enough or should i go 550 or 600?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building soon ideas nice
  1. go amd kinda means go lower in performance and go higher in power consumption and heat. only thing id invest money on from amd is their video cards and their APUs (which are very good for budget rigs)

    if i were to suggest anything it would be this
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/phTV

    if you are stubborn and stuck on AMD, id change the following

    -get the fx 6300 as more cores dont benefit gaming
    -a much better motherboard
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=76030&vpn=M5A99X%20EVO%20R2.0&manufacture=ASUS

    -change the ram to slower speeds. amd fx doesnt like fast ram. plus its useless
    -id get a antec one case instead of the 912. has usb3
    -crap power supply. get this
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59615&vpn=P1550SXXB9&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1257

    -hyper 212 is better
    -get a 7870
  2. TheBigTroll said:
    go amd kinda means go lower in performance and go higher in power consumption and heat. only thing id invest money on from amd is their video cards and their APUs (which are very good for budget rigs)

    if i were to suggest anything it would be this
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/phTV

    if you are stubborn and stuck on AMD, id change the following

    -get the fx 6300 as more cores dont benefit gaming
    -a much better motherboard
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=76030&vpn=M5A99X%20EVO%20R2.0&manufacture=ASUS

    -change the ram to slower speeds. amd fx doesnt like fast ram. plus its useless
    -id get a antec one case instead of the 912. has usb3
    -crap power supply. get this
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59615&vpn=P1550SXXB9&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1257

    -hyper 212 is better
    -get a 7870


    I really need to keep in under or near $700 but I have changed my mind with amd and am going for intel :) I know I am crazy lol :)

    But here is what i got:


    CPU: i5 3570k or 2500k (depends on money, looks like 3570k though)
    RAM: 2x4gb Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 1600mhz
    GPU: HIS 7850 (cant really do the extra $30 on the 7870, might be able to though; whats the big difference from the two cards?? I play high cpu extensive games (bf3 & gw2) so I think the 7850 will be fine)
    MOBO: BIOSTAR H77MU3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138358&Tpk=BIOSTAR%20H77MU3
    PSU: XFX 550watts (the one you said to get)
    CASE: Antec One Computer Case

    I have decided to wait for a cpu cooler and just stick with the stock fans, I know its like a sin too :) but I want a good one so I will wait for the money for a corsair H80 or something

    So what do you think? :)
  3. dude, spend more money on graphics card rather than the CPU. the cpu performs the same as the i5 3570k at stock speeds anyways. overclocking would at max give you 10% more performance, but adds 100 dollars to the cost

    -i has cheaper ram. wait for stock
    -h77 doesnt overclock. and i wouldnt even touch biostar
    -h80 sucks
  4. TheBigTroll said:
    dude, spend more money on graphics card rather than the CPU. the cpu performs the same as the i5 3570k at stock speeds anyways. overclocking would at max give you 10% more performance, but adds 100 dollars to the cost

    -i has cheaper ram. wait for stock
    -h77 doesnt overclock. and i wouldnt even touch biostar
    -h80 sucks


    Alright what about the MSI Z77A-G41 that overclocks, has front usb 3.0, and pcie 3.0

    I need reason why the 7870 is a better choice then the 7850, I ready dont want to go over $200 unless its really that big of a deal

    How does the i5-2310 even match the i5 3570k ???
  5. the g41 is reallly basic. overclocking wont be that great

    -20% more performance.

    -pretty close. tops 5% from each other
  6. TheBigTroll said:
    the g41 is reallly basic. overclocking wont be that great

    -20% more performance.

    -pretty close. tops 5% from each other



    Thanks for all the help btw, whats a good motherboard then?? It looks like I might get some extra money, so I might be able to score on a high priced one.
    Price ~ 70 - 150

    Do you have any benchmark with game frame rates on the i5 2310 and i5 3570k???
  7. well the 2400 is a tad faster than the 2310

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/363?vs=701

    the performance difference in real world situations is like 2-3 seconds at most. not really worth the extra 40 bucks in most cases


    if you are to stick to the 3570k, id get a good motherboard like the extreme4 from asrock or the gigabyte z77x-d3h. whichever one is cheaper. look in pcpartpicker.com for prices
  8. TheBigTroll said:
    well the 2400 is a tad faster than the 2310

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/363?vs=701

    the performance difference in real world situations is like 2-3 seconds at most. not really worth the extra 40 bucks in most cases


    if you are to stick to the 3570k, id get a good motherboard like the extreme4 from asrock or the gigabyte z77x-d3h. whichever one is cheaper. look in pcpartpicker.com for prices



    I think I am going to stick with the i5 3570k due to guild wars 2 crazy pvp that destroys cpus. Also I think I am going to get the Gigabyte Z77x-d3h, its cheaper and I like gigabyte better. Thanks for all the help, it looks like i will be getting the parts in about a month or so!
  9. Best answer
    id buy everything now as my recommendations are subjective to pricing.

    id get the mobo first as it is a pretty good deal and you dont see it very often
  10. Best answer selected by yamahahornist.
  11. TheBigTroll said:
    id buy everything now as my recommendations are subjective to pricing.

    id get the mobo first as it is a pretty good deal and you dont see it very often



    Thanks a lot! I just ordered the gigabyte z77x-d3h, i5 3570k, and some patriot ram! I am now just waiting for the rest of the money. Getting the motherboard now was a good idea. I got the last on with free shipping and the next one is +20 dollars, you just saved me about $30! Thanks again!
  12. no problem
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product