Need a new build, please help?

adamyjake

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range; £350 (i could probably stretch to £400) (uk)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (html and java scripting, browsing the internet, gameing, playing music, skype, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: I've already got a monitor.

Parts to Upgrade: I don't have any parts.

Do you need to buy OS: nope, i've got windows 7 pro.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (amazon.co.uk, ebuyer, overclockers.co.uk)

Parts Preferences: I don't really know, because i dont know if intel is worth the money, this is my first build.

Overclocking: Maybe , i like the idea of it.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: I have no idea what resolution my monitor is/can handle, all i know is that its an alright monitor which can display what i need :L

Additional Comments: This is my first built, i've watched my friend build his computer about 2 months ago, and it seemed alright. just have to watch out for static electricity. would like to game.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: At the moment i have an netbook and its very hard to html and java scripting. i have an xbox at the moment, and i find on some games the graphics aren't no where near the same quality as pc.

Include a list of any parts you have:
* i have an 300w powersupply, but i dont know if that will be enough.
* 120gb hhd

Thank you

cutebeans

Distinguished
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor (£89.48 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£43.92 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£29.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£50.16 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card (£79.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£39.95 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£33.96 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£11.96 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £379.41
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-25 03:46 GMT+0000)

Got it. No, it's more likely your 300w isn't of decent quality and won't handle the 7770.