New to PC gaming

Klinty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I know this probably isn't the right place for this post but I wasn't sure where else to put it, so apologies in advance.

I'm looking at getting a PC for some casual gaming, nothing new and I'm not too fussed about stuff being at it's highest settings. I think the most demading games I want to play will be DayZ and Fallout 3.

I've been looking at this PC on eBay, as I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, compatible RAM etc and was wondering whether it would be able to comfortably run these games? A friend gave me the impression the processor may let it down in regards to framerate but from what I could gather from the PassMark website it fared pretty well. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong score as there is a normal and dual 5130 there and the eBay listing led me to believe it was the latter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280974797083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any help on whether this would be ok or whether I'd be better off putting my own build together would be appreciated, my main draw for the prebuilt option was what seemed like a low price.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
as everyone said, don't get that. start a new topic describing what you are looking for, everyone here prefer build you own, but if you're really new and that scares you, then go ahead and we'll just make sure it has good parts

Klinty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the help here guys, it's decided I won't getting that then!

The only reservation I have regarding making my own (other than making sure everything is compatible as I've never done it before) is that the thing that had initially attracted me to the listing I now know to be not worth it was the price, I'd not wanted to spend more than a couple of hundred quid initially and I don't think I'll be able to build anything for that.