OS installation help

homiedontrightclick

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Ok, I was wondering if there was anyway that I could make like a master copy of an OS, particularly Windows XP, but also Vista and 7. If this is a lame question please forgive me as I am not the most computer savvy , but I'm looking to have a copy of each of the above mentioned OS's that I can use to trouble shoot my friends and families computers, but I'm afraid I'm going to run into issues with the product keys only being able to be used a limited number of times. Is there anyway around this? Is there a more expensive master copy type disk that you can buy for such a purpose?

Solution
What you need is 1 Retail disc of each os and use it. Just always use the key provided on the clients computer.

Buy a technet subscription for $199 its cheaper then buying every version of windows on its own, and in a technet sub, you get xp, vista, win 7, office 03, o7, 10 and many many other MS programs with all verasions including basic, home, pro, and ultimate. Just download and burn the discs you need.

silverliquicity

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Im not familiar with a "master copy", but your just repairing and not upgrading your friends and family's computers, you can use the activation key already allocated to there machines assuming you have the exact same version of windows.

Other than that id recommend buying licences for each machine.

daship

Distinguished
What you need is 1 Retail disc of each os and use it. Just always use the key provided on the clients computer.

Buy a technet subscription for $199 its cheaper then buying every version of windows on its own, and in a technet sub, you get xp, vista, win 7, office 03, o7, 10 and many many other MS programs with all verasions including basic, home, pro, and ultimate. Just download and burn the discs you need.

Solution

homiedontrightclick

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Perfect, man. Thanks a lot.