Advice on my first build

Hi everyone

I been looking into building my first PC recently and basically i'm just looking for advice. This is what I've come up with as far as what components I would like to use:

Processor: Intel i5-3570k - 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit
Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Nvidia Graphics Card
Solid State Drive: OCZ Agility 3 240GB SATA III 2.5 inch SSD
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB SATA III 6 Gbps Internal 3.5 inch Hard Drive
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - RC-430-KWN1
Power Supply: Corsair TX750V2 750W PSU
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
DVD Burner: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
Card Reader: Icy Box IB-865 3.5 inch Multicard Reader

I don't have any previous experience with building computers, so I would just like to clarify the following things:

1. Are all these components compatible with each other?
2. Is a 750W Psu sufficient?
3. Am I missing anything?

Also if you have any suggestions for different components I should use, they would be greatly appreciated, however I don't really want to spend any more money then I already am on it. I will be using the PC mainly for Casual Gaming and using AutoCAD, but might do a bit of video editing in the future too.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
3 answers Last reply
More about advice build
  1. 1. Yes

2. WAAAAAAAY more than you will need. 500W is enough

3. No, but I'd recommend the Vertex 4 over the Agility for multiple reasons
  2. Agreed about the PSU, it's way more than you will need.
    I'm assuming you'll be mostly gaming on that machine, if you want, you could switch to a 3570 and save a little bit of cash since I assume you won't be doing a lot of overclocking.
    I've heard countless amounts of bad feedback on OCZ SSDs, it's up to you, but if it were me, I'd opt for a Corsair or Samsung.
    Also, grab a caviar blue/black drive, they're not that much more expensive and perform better.
  3. Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to go for the 500 watt power supply and I'll have a look around at different SSD's. I'll get the caviar black hard drive as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems