Rate this pc build please!

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hi, this is my current pc that I just built, rate it on a score of 1-10, 10 being the highest, as well as stating why you rated it what you did! :) this pc is being used for some gaming, graphic design, 3d design and animation, and cs6 programs along with some Corel software and auto desk as well.

Case: fractal design r4 without window-100
CPU: i7 3770k-300
Gpu: Galaxy 67NPH6DV5ZVX GeForce GTX 670 GC 2GB-350¥
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77-180
Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB-110¥
Hard drive: Western Digital Red 2 TB NAS Hard-110¥
Ssd: SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB-160¥
Air cooling for CPU: noctua Nh-d14-70¥
Power supply: SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W gold plus-100¥
Monitor: ASUS VS239H-P Black 23" 5ms ips-160¥
Optical drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST-20¥
Keyboard: Logitech K400-31¥
Operating system- windows 7 64-bit

Solution
G
this pc is being used for some gaming, graphic design, 3d design and animation, and cs6 programs along with some Corel software and auto desk as well.

you did extremely well picking out the parts. the -v PRO is a great board and there is no sense in going thunderbolt until it is more ready to go "prime time". the 3770K gives a sandy-E 3930K a run for its money and much cheaper. my favorite gold rated PSU that performs great when less than a 20% load; where other PSUs drop way off drastically in efficiency. and since openCL is still "mac only" in CS6; CUDA still hold a large advantage. btw, you do know how to edit the cuda_supported_cards.txt? just google it if not.

though you may want to check that the RAM will fit under that...

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I would get a 7970. It is more powerful and about the same price, at least that is so in the US, unless of course you need nvidia for the apps you run. Look to get an msi or asrock motherboard, they tend to be cheaper and have the same features. I don't think you need that strong of a psu.
Also, price for performance I would give your pc a 7 or 8.

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks, I need the nvidia graphics card for adobe apps haha that's the reasoning behind that, and the asus motherboard is because I do not trust as rock and haven't had experience with msi, I am paying for my own peace of mind :). Anyway, what would be a system for 1700 dollars that would be a 10 out of 10 for performance and cost? Thanks!

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012
From what I have seen, msi and asrock are pretty good. I have built 5 pc's with new mobo and all of them have been msi or asrock, they haven't had any problems. Well since you have to get that card, I would say you have a 8/10 and then I would reduce ram to 16, unless of course you have apps that need that much, but I haven't heard of anyone needing that much. Then I would get a 600w psu, unless you are going to sli. IF you do that I would say all of that I would say you have a 10/10.

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks! And the ram is a little overkill I agree but I had already bought it a while ago without thinking so I am afraid I am stuck with it. And In the next year or so when more budget comes around I would like to add another gtx 670, so I thought that I would get a 750 so that I wouldn't have to get a new power supply. I like having the option of upgrading haha, now I'm just getting in to personal preference but I do agree with what you said! And that's actually reassuring to hear you say that as rock is a good brand, I want to like them but I have heard sme negative things along with the positive (I guess that's with everything though p ;))

NV88

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Asrock is rubbish. Cheap and flimsy and their ATX boards on the lower end are cut back. Good you went with Asus, although I prefer Gigabyte for motherboards. I'd say 16GB and a 680 would have been better, but great overall. I'd rather be running 8 than 7, too.

lt_dan_zsu

Honorable
May 3, 2012

I forgot to mention gigabyte, they make good boards and aren't rip offs.

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
You both have reason as far as the 16gb ram goes but whtpat is done is done, I actually changed the hdd from a and hard drive which I really don't need to a toshiba 2t drive that I had heard a lot of good things about from friends... It's a TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 7200 RPM!

G

this pc is being used for some gaming, graphic design, 3d design and animation, and cs6 programs along with some Corel software and auto desk as well.

you did extremely well picking out the parts. the -v PRO is a great board and there is no sense in going thunderbolt until it is more ready to go "prime time". the 3770K gives a sandy-E 3930K a run for its money and much cheaper. my favorite gold rated PSU that performs great when less than a 20% load; where other PSUs drop way off drastically in efficiency. and since openCL is still "mac only" in CS6; CUDA still hold a large advantage. btw, you do know how to edit the cuda_supported_cards.txt? just google it if not.

though you may want to check that the RAM will fit under that big honking noctua Nh-d14 since you populating all the DIMM slots. you didn't spec a model of RAM. crucial just came out with LP ballistics/sports that are TINY! though i don't get all excited about cases; you do have a few fans with that fractal? and i am a big fan of WD blacks . .but hey sorry to get picky.

you did your homework, good for you.

rated 9.5 of 10. the 0.5 is because its not mine :lol:

cheers!

edit: yes keep 32 gigs of RAM. you may not need it now, but get some heavy HD editing . . .

Solution

Wallywaiting

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks! And would I need an lp version of ram to fit under the noctua? The model number is F3-1600C9Q-32GSR, I am not sure how to check if it does fit anyway haha, I have already ordered both components so we will pray they do and if they don't ill send the ram back then haha