Is my graphics card to weak?

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
hey guys my system is http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1762/1/ i play starcraft 2 and stream on low when i play regular games its fine hitting 80+ fps but then when i stream it drops below 30 so i'm thinking maybe its the graphics card. But then i'm thinking maybe its the cpu maybe its not good enough or the ram maybe i could overclock the cpu or gpu but would i have to get another fan. Im ok with spending some more money if i should buy a new graphics card i'm not looking to spend to high maybe like 150 max but if its the cpu and i could just overclock it and be fine but then again idk if my pc is capable of overclocking anything so please help thank you im really leaning towards it beeing the cpu so convince me if it is or not please and thank you

When you stream...below 30 fps
you answered your own question. The internet bandwidth is too small.
and wireless internet will make this even worse.
There is nothing wrong with the video card or processor. You get 80 fps until you are using the internet.

There are things that affect internet speed, like using wireless, that slows it down a lot.
DSL that's pretty slow.
Weak signal, even over cable, will stream very slow.

So, what's the details of your internet connection? Is it a shared connection?

Jay-Z

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
To test your CPU and GPU, try record a game on your hard drive. Note the FPS. If it is fine then it is definitely the internet connection. If you cannot upgrade it, then just record first then upload late. I know this is not a true stream but it will work.

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012

well i have time warner cables package like the internet phone and tv but i fixed it now it was i had like 2 xboxs running 3 cps and a laptop so yeah i lowered the bit rate and it was fine but if i was to upgrade anything for my pc (aso basically whats the wworst part of my pc) what would it be

Campu0999

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Yeah the psu would need updating if a new graphics card is to be added

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
but its 500w is that not good enough for me to upgrade because i thought 500 was pretty reasonable

Campu0999

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
it really depends on how powerful of a graphics card you want/need and the budget
Cheers

Campu0999

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Try jay-z and soundgurumar's advice first if it doesn't work, your psu will be ok for an upgrade to a radeon hd 6870
Check here for quick details on how to check if you can run the card, if the psu has the cables :)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111122102809AAViUbD
I read a review and it said that "CyberPower went with an NVIDIA chipset motherboard and we found that software utilities like AMD OverDrive won't install as a result."
This means that you problely can't overclock your graphics card using catalyst but you possibly can if you use afterburner to get around this.
Let us know what you end up doing and good luck :)

dom8111

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012

thank you

If you don't have a direct wired connection for internet, to one computer, you can expect lags and slowed streaming.
and that connection should come straight off the modem, not through a router.
Devices that are on a shared connection will be slowed down.
Wireless will slow you down also.