Recommendations / Suggestions On Gaming PC Build

StrawHat313

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
So I'm finally going to get into PC gaming so I'm gonna build my own PC. My friend who's an expert on PC building is going to build it with me so I have no problem with that, also I don't need a mouse or monitor or any accessories.

So he told me to find the components myself and he'll just build it. So the thing is.... I don't know if this matches up. I don't feel like bothering him like I have for the past few days, so I thought I'd get the public's opinion on it. So I want to know if this build that I made is good enough or if the parts match. I'd also like recommendations to make it better.

I don't care if you think I have to COMPLETELY start over again, but I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck so you can be 100% truthful here (Especially since I'm a noob at this lol).

I'm aiming not to go over $900 though, that's my limit for this computer.

Here it is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($235)

MotherBoard: ASRock B75M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($55)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($270)

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case ($90)

Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($90)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($20)

Total: $878

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

StrawHat313

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion. So this is what my new build looks like so far now.

MotherBoard: (Might need some help for this one)

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($70)

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

I might need some help on finding a new motherboard. I tried looking for a better one but it was pretty tough to find. The power supply on the other hand I found a good 600W for the same price of a 550W. My friend told me something about the power supply in a computer like "it's better to have a power supply with more power then needed, then one with less."