Looking to upgrade my graphics card

Solution

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If all you want to do is add a monitor then the adapter route is the way to go. If you don't play games don't waste your money. If you want faster gameplay then getting a more powerfull card is the answer. While the 7750 doesn't require any additional PCIE power cables, you have a 300w power supply in there, which gives you about 200w of headroom (150w) conservatively, all cards that require extra power cables come with adapters for 4 pin molex to pcie...
you can get a 6670 which should be able to crossfire with the built in gpu. Its an cheap and semi effective way of getting more performance for the A series APUs. They are about $60-70 online.

There are also more powerful cards if you don't mind paying more. The 7750 are about $100 and are probably a good bump in performance. Anything more will most likely need an change in power supply.

jaker3

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

I like the sound of this, so any card with those numbers? I'll be buying from amazon if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply,

nurgletheunclean

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If all you want to do is add a monitor then the adapter route is the way to go. If you don't play games don't waste your money. If you want faster gameplay then getting a more powerfull card is the answer. While the 7750 doesn't require any additional PCIE power cables, you have a 300w power supply in there, which gives you about 200w of headroom (150w) conservatively, all cards that require extra power cables come with adapters for 4 pin molex to pcie. This would put an hd 7850 or a 6870 within your envelope at the upper end. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

you also have to consider physical size since many high power graphics cards are large and will need a big case in order to fit, measure how much length you have available.

Of course cost will also be a factor for most. Remember that adding a powerful graphics card is likely to make your computer much louder and hotter than before.

Solution

jaker3

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Alright guys, I'm going to buy the GigaByte Radeon HD 6670 GV-R667D3-1GI Video Card via the link nurgletheuncle posted.

Thanks so much for answering my questions and directing me the right direction!

P.S the reason I dint want the adapter is because I plan on hooking it up to my tv sometimes also so I'd like sound, thanks for the suggestion thought :)