Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Looking to upgrade my graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 1, 2012 10:27:24 PM

I own this PC:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/hp-pavilion-p7-1257cb-desk...

I'd like to upgrade the graphics card so I'd be able to have a vga and hdmi output also.

Thanks,
Jake

More about : upgrade graphics card

a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 10:32:55 PM

You could get an adapter. DVI-D is basically HDMI without sound. An adapter is probably $5 at Amazon.
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 10:35:29 PM

you can get a 6670 which should be able to crossfire with the built in gpu. Its an cheap and semi effective way of getting more performance for the A series APUs. They are about $60-70 online.

There are also more powerful cards if you don't mind paying more. The 7750 are about $100 and are probably a good bump in performance. Anything more will most likely need an change in power supply.
m
l
Related resources
October 1, 2012 10:45:42 PM

esrever said:
you can get a 6670 which should be able to crossfire with the built in gpu. Its an cheap and semi effective way of getting more performance for the A series APUs. They are about $60-70 online.

There are also more powerful cards if you don't mind paying more. The 7750 are about $100 and are probably a good bump in performance. Anything more will most likely need an change in power supply.

I like the sound of this, so any card with those numbers? I'll be buying from amazon if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply,

m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 10:47:37 PM

Just to make it clear, the 7750 will not crossfire but will still be a slight upgrade over the crossfire.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 10:57:42 PM

You can just get an adapter, but DVI to VGA isn't going to work.
m
l

Best solution

October 1, 2012 11:15:28 PM

jaker3 said:
I own this PC:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/hp-pavilion-p7-1257cb-desk...

I'd like to upgrade the graphics card so I'd be able to have a vga and hdmi output also.

Thanks,
Jake

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If all you want to do is add a monitor then the adapter route is the way to go. If you don't play games don't waste your money. If you want faster gameplay then getting a more powerfull card is the answer. While the 7750 doesn't require any additional PCIE power cables, you have a 300w power supply in there, which gives you about 200w of headroom (150w) conservatively, all cards that require extra power cables come with adapters for 4 pin molex to pcie. This would put an hd 7850 or a 6870 within your envelope at the upper end. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car...

you also have to consider physical size since many high power graphics cards are large and will need a big case in order to fit, measure how much length you have available.

Of course cost will also be a factor for most. Remember that adding a powerful graphics card is likely to make your computer much louder and hotter than before.
October 2, 2012 1:22:25 AM

Alright guys, I'm going to buy the GigaByte Radeon HD 6670 GV-R667D3-1GI Video Card via the link nurgletheuncle posted.

Thanks so much for answering my questions and directing me the right direction!

P.S the reason I dint want the adapter is because I plan on hooking it up to my tv sometimes also so I'd like sound, thanks for the suggestion thought :) 
m
l
October 2, 2012 1:22:55 AM

Best answer selected by jaker3.
m
l
!