Gaming rig: budget of 800

7 answers Last reply
More about gaming budget
  1. what games will you be playing
  2. omaroma11 said:
    what games will you be playing

mostly skyrim, league of legends, dishonored, maybe assassins creed, but definitely and surely skyrim
  3. You're good to go. High PSU will work well the graphic card. With 8GB RAM and a powerful processor you should have no problem. My graphic card is HD 6770 (lower than the one you're getting) and I'm able to play the following games flawlessly:

- Batman Arkham City
    - Transformers Fall of Cybertron
    - Darksiders II
    - Assassin's Creed Revelations

Currently downloading and will test:
    - Assassin's Creed III
    - Hitman Absolution
  4. drifter77 said:
    You're good to go. High PSU will work well the graphic card. With 8GB RAM and a powerful processor you should have no problem. My graphic card is HD 6770 (lower than the one you're getting) and I'm able to play the following games flawlessly:

- Batman Arkham City
    - Transformers Fall of Cybertron
    - Darksiders II
    - Assassin's Creed Revelations

Currently downloading and will test:
    - Assassin's Creed III
    - Hitman Absolution

thank you but the point is that im missing a motherboard. it can only be a maximum of 70$, but i dont want it to be limited, i also wouldnt mind cutting down on both the motherboard and gpu by only a bit because i will most likely get a new gpu in a couple months...that being said, i would need a mobo at around 90$ and a gpu around 150$
  5. Don't buy from best buy, go to Pcpartpicker.com, save about $25-75 and then get a 7870.
  6. For the motherboard, get this, http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z77ag41
    It's $60
  7. cedric125 said:
    thank you but the point is that im missing a motherboard. it can only be a maximum of 70$, but i dont want it to be limited, i also wouldnt mind cutting down on both the motherboard and gpu by only a bit because i will most likely get a new gpu in a couple months...that being said, i would need a mobo at around 90$ and a gpu around 150$

Take a look at the mobo Malenskii suggested. It'll serve the purpose since you're planning to upgrade after xmas. As for the graphics card, maybe this will come within budget. It's a solid card for gaming even with 1GB:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-hd7770dc1gd5
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Computer Systems Product