Bluetooth internet connection?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 11, 2005 3:17:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Is there anyway to use my bluetooth cell phone (T637) with my home
computer to connect to my ISP, without accessing GPRS (and paying the
huge data transfer rates?) I don't care about the speed, it will just
be for checking email..

Any hints would be appreciated.
Thanks
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:36:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

I'm afraid GPRS is your only option.

I had the same question a couple of months ago. I have a Nokia 8390
which comes with Infrared and can be used as a modem for dialup (and
fax), too. Unfortunately, Rogers network doesn't support it. They don't
want you to use your cellphone for dialup internet.

Lei
!