how to migrate mssg's from outlook ?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
How can I migrate the messages from my old computer's outook xpress 6 to my new ones ?? I have copied the DBX files onto my new system but placing them in the windows\identities\outlook\ folder etc only causes out look to crash and have to be reinstalled

any help appreciated .. also is there an easy way to merge my old address book in too ?

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think that the best procedure will be to use the "Export" utility from Outlook. If you burned your .dbx files onto a CD, it might added the "Read-only" attribute to your files, Outlook dont seem to like it. Try to uncheck Read-only from them.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
if I choose either export or import option the dialog does not give an option to export\import to or from another iteration of outlook, only other email programs etc.

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
ok I was mistaken I see it now and job is done
thanx for the reply :)

lagger