Any suggestions to this build?

Not a good move as this will incur added cost. If you get an OEM copy of Windows, the key that comes with it is only valid if used on that motherboard. You swap out the motherboard and try to install Windows again (you will have to), will have to buy a new key, another $100.
Also H61 and P67 boards are incompatible with Ivy Bridge without a BIOS update, which requires a Sandy Bridge CPU to make.
Better off just gritting your teeth now and paying for the better board outright, you will save money in the long run.

Build looks good, though I personally would downgrade the GPU to a 7870 to flesh out some other parts of the build (PSU and case). Because a good case and PSU will last longer than the rest of the rig and will save you money on the next build, so getting good ones is fairly important.

Potdog

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

I can buy a new PSU next time i get paid i am not to bothered about that :p the 7950 is already here =/ i am looking for the cheapest mobo that can run ivy bridge basically :p

Are you 100% sure thatr processor is supported by an H61 chipset motherboard?

Check on the boards webpage to see.

Changing motherboards often means changing operating system if you have an oem copy
and the RAM needs to be 1.5 volt or less or you void the warranty and risk damaging the processor

Potdog

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

i just got this build suggested to me and that's what i went with :p i got told it was all compatible :'( man this pc building thing is confusing

Get an AsRock H77 Pro4, very good board. The H77 chipset is basically Z77 except with no overclocking or (proper) Crossfire/SLI support.

Again, I advise you just to grit your teeth and pay for a good one now or put it off until you can. You will save your money in the long run.

Also what Outlander mentioned. Get RAM that's at or under 1.5v, otherwise it can cause issues with your Intel CPU.

Potdog

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

could you link me to cheap ram please if it's not too much bother.

Potdog

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
If you guys were to build a system on scan.co.uk for a budget of £650 needs to include the 7950 (since i already own that) what would it be?