how about a true 200mhz, 266mhz, 400mhz FSB

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Why it make no sense to use the 100mhz and 133 mhz fsb. They just DDR & QDR the FSB. Well i think a true 200mhz FSB could beat a DDR 100mhz(200mhz) FSB. Well AMD and Intel make better FSB then DDR and QDR it. 200mhz QDR (800mhz bandwith Drool)

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Intel had the chance for a 400MHz bus and did not take it. Now AMD has the chance to go for 200, with 5ns memory being cheap enough, but it would be hard for them to set that standard.
Personally, I think everyone should go to a 400MHz FSB and let chipset/memory makers decide how to implement the memory to match that bandwidth.

Video killed my Radio Card!

G

i think its the price of getting new machinery and things like that come into consideration. i mean if they build a new factory to produce these cpus when theres no market for them where are they gonna get the revenue.

also the software is WAY to far behind the hardware atm. so there isnt any need for big jumps like that.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well True 166mhz fsb is fast then a DDR 100mhz FSB. Atleast release some 166 FSB processors and DDR and QDR it.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
another thing you have to remember is that these are big companies out to turn a profit. thereby meaning the if they go with a 100/133mhz FSB and quad/double pump it, they can sya that it is a 400/266mhz FSB. that will allow them to keep manufacturing costs down while implementing a a newer technology, just not making it openly obvious that it is not running at the true speed of 400/266mhz.

i think thats right, if not someone pls let me know..

is this reality... i thought it would more realistic.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
200 would be so easy they might as well skip 166. Then you'd have 400DDR. Say, juin don't believe that at one time Intel was investigating 400DDR for the P4. You got a link I can throw at him?

Video killed my Radio Card!