Solved

Acer GD235HZbid resolution problem with hdmi

Not sure if im in the right category I need help with my acer monitor which is Nvidia 3d ready so if an admin could please move to the right section, sorry.

but....

Just got the monitor today from Newegg and only when I put hdmi in from monitor to my 7970 it shows it as 1920 x 1080 but it doesnt fit the screen properly and shows black borders around the resolution. But, if i switch to the DVI cable it fits the screen perfectly fine. is this normal?

Also to me the DVI looks more crisp of an image, I dont mind using DVI as I have always used it but just wanted to know whats up.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about acer gd235hzbid resolution problem hdmi
  1. Best answer
    This is normal, but it's due to HDMI usually having overscan or underscan defaulted to some number other than 0%. You can adjust it in the CCC or Nvidia control panel. Sometimes you can adjust it on the monitor. That said, DVI doesn't have any drawbacks. The only advantage to HDMI is if you have speakers on that monitor.
  2. bystander said:
    This is normal, but it's due to HDMI usually having overscan or underscan defaulted to some number other than 0%. You can adjust it in the CCC or Nvidia control panel. Sometimes you can adjust it on the monitor. That said, DVI doesn't have any drawbacks. The only advantage to HDMI is if you have speakers on that monitor.

Oh I see thanks alot ill try messing with CCC settings later for now DVI will do

Again thanks
  3. Best answer selected by pablo3264.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Acer Resolution Monitors Graphics