EVGA GTX 550Ti - Dell Inspiron?

BoyJiro

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hey, I'm upgrading my old Dell Inspiron 530 desktop so I can play games like Vindictus, Minecraft, Battlefield 3 at medium settings [maybe higher?]

Right now my dell is all stock
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd530/en/OM/HTML/appendix.htm

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4ghz
Ram: 4gb
PSU: 350W

Would my Inspiron be able to handle a GTX 550Ti?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

Any feedback would be great.

Solution
Your Dell Inspiron 530 with its 350 Watt power supply unit should be able to handle a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Dell Inspiron 530's 350W power supply unit, with its combined +12 Volt continuous current...
Your Dell Inspiron 530 with its 350 Watt power supply unit should be able to handle a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

The Dell Inspiron 530's 350W power supply unit, with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps and with one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti.

Solution

BoyJiro

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Thanks for the fast reply ^^