I am a beginner and know very little about my computer. I
just upgraded my presario 7000 from Windows ME to XP. I
can't play dvds, which I would like to do.Under device
control in my program, it shows NONE. TI 1394 and MS
1394 are there but when I try to open them i get an error
saying UNABLE TO OPEN SPECIFIED DEVICE. How and where to
I get a device control, anyone help me?

IEEE 1394 device is a firewire port and not related to playing DVDs on your
PC. Reinstall your DVD software... probably PowerDVD or WinDVD, whichever
came with your PC.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com