Msi afterburner voltage overclocking issues

tyloriusmaximus

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
i have had my Gtx 570 for 3 monthes now and it has been all fine for the past 3 months but recently it has been horrible. whenever i change the voltage about after 20 minutes of playing it resets causing my computer to crash because of my high overclocking. can someone tell me why this is happening

Solution
As GPUs and CPUS age, they need more voltage to keep them stable. You can either reduce clock or increase voltage. 911 is not high at all so I would try increasing voltage as long the the temps were under control.

Jay-Z

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
It sounds like a stability problem. Try decreasing your clock a little bit and test for stability.

If that is not the cause, there could be some minor hiccups in your mobo or psu, but that is less likely.

Jay-Z

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
As GPUs and CPUS age, they need more voltage to keep them stable. You can either reduce clock or increase voltage. 911 is not high at all so I would try increasing voltage as long the the temps were under control.

Solution

tyloriusmaximus

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

how can i tell if its faulty.... can you tell me of a different overclocking program that i could use othre than precision x and msi afterburner