Gaming PC for little brother

Hey everybody,

I'm going to build a budget gaming PC for my little brother. I've sort of chosen the parts, but I would like to know some opinions. The PC will mostly be used for gaming, like Assassin's Creed or Mafia II. The budget is also kind of tight, so I tried to go with the lowest that would work. So remember, I'm not going for the highest FPS, but for gaming on decent settings on 45-60 FPS.

here's the list:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3000Ghz
GPU: MSI HD7750 2GB
MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M LX3
Case: Zalman ZM-T2
RAM: GeIL 8GB DDR3-1333
ODD: LG GH24NS70
HHD: WD5000AZRX 500GB
FAN: Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XL1 (x3)
PSU: Be Quiet! System power S6 300W

if anyone has some great advice, please respond!
5 answers Last reply
More about gaming brother
  1. 3000Ghz! Thats a big overclock (think you meant 3000Mhz, which is 3Ghz).

Anyway, the build looks good to me. If you can upgrade the CPU a Phenom quad core, but I suspect it will be fine.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

Whats the total budget by the way? I'd be interested to find out how much all that costs,.
  2. The Athlon is not a good chip. Go with a Phenom II quad core.

What resolution is he playing at? That card may or may not be enough.

Whatever brand of power supply that is, I can almost guarantee you it'll explode one day. Get a decent power supply.

That being said, what's your budget? An A10 APU might just do the trick, and he'd get better graphics for cheaper, that way.
  3. whoops my bad, I meant 3Ghz :D

Pricing is a bit tricky, because I'm buying everything in the Netherlands. But this, with a 18,5" LED screen, and some cheap-ass speakers will be 500 euro, so that would be about 650 dollar. The resolution he'll be playing on is 1366x768.

I could go with the Phenom, but I'm not sure he will notice very much difference. Other than gaming there will be no power-consuming activities like photoshopping, or rendering movies.

And what power-supply would you recommend? I don't really know any good brands for this kind of low wattage.
  4. Antec Viper, Antec NEO ECO, Corsair Builder series. They are all fairly good budget/low wattage PSU's.
    As well as the standard staples of Seasonic and XFX.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Brother Systems Product