1.4ghz at 52 idle??

G

My athlon 1.4, not overclocked, is running at 52 C idle! My mobo temp is at 41 C! What the heck is going on! Is this to hot.. It used to run at 47 C idle and all of a sudden it went up. The room temp hasn't changed to much. The fans are all working fine. How can I cool it down.. and should i worry about those temps?

G

with any processor always invest in a good quality fan..

Tom did a reivew on CPU fans a few weeks back,, go look.

Also get some good thermal Gel/ Compound

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
if you don't plan on overclocking and your temps at full load doesnt go over 58 celcius...your fine.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

Maybe your HSF isnt seated properly.

:smile: Too damn hot in that kitchen!

dan_gao86

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2001
what did you use to check the temps btw???

I WoNdEr HoW, I WoNdEr WhY, I WoNdEr WhErE ThEy ArE, ThE AMD... We OvErCloCked ToGeThEr, Oh YeAh...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
you have a considerable mobo temp there...

all ive got are two piddly low speed casefanse (back & front) and my mobo temp never gets higher than 30.
all your fans working correcty?
nothing obstructing the airflow?

and what was your mobo temp beforehand? has that risen by a similar amount too?

"i love the smell of Overclocking in the morning!" Says my Hamster.

G

I'm running a 1.4 as well (not overclocked). I recommend using some Arctic II as it works pretty damn good. I'm running a Global Win WBK38 (loud but I got used to it). At full load mine doesn't go past 47C and my motherboard doesn't go over 27.5. To increase some airflow, get some rolled up IDE cables or if not, wrap your existing Flat cable and put some electric tape around them. I did that, they work fine. Get Good Air Flow! can't stress that enough.