Tags:
  • Build
  • Windows 7
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 25, 2012 9:50:15 AM

Ok.

So everything seems to work at least until I install windows 7. I've tried installing windows 7 multiple times and even re-downloading, burning, new copies on my pc and my friends.

The end result is always the same. Once installation is finished and it goes for that last restart, it eventually freezes on the loading screen.

Now I have been able to install it and make the pc boot up. But it only works when I remove one of the 2 sticks of RAM?It doesn't work when I add the other stick of ram.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/o50h

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

So those 2 links contain everything inside this build with the exception of the video card that I have yet to receive.

Any suggestions on what to try?
Bios is up to date with the latest version too.

Thanks.

Edit: PC also seems to restart when I click shutdown from the start menu.

More about : problem build

a b $ Windows 7
November 25, 2012 10:18:52 AM

sin25 said:
Now I have been able to install it and make the pc boot up. But it only works when I remove one of the 2 sticks of RAM?It doesn't work when I add the other stick of ram.

Think thats a pretty good sign you have a dead RAM stick.
m
l
November 25, 2012 3:13:35 PM

Any way I can test this?

Also any idea why my pc restarts after I shut it down?
m
l
November 25, 2012 3:24:06 PM

Youve already done the priliminary testing by booting with only one stick. now you need to get memtest86+ and run it with each stick individully over night. That should help you figure out which stick is the problem.
m
l
November 25, 2012 4:21:04 PM

Well I just tried booting up with my friends ram and it causes the same problems. Is it possible that it's the motherboard that's the problem?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 25, 2012 7:02:19 PM

Although rarer, it is possible that the RAM slot itself is broken. Try running the sticks in every combination of the slots possible to test for this.
m
l
!