New HIS HD7850 2 gb.having very strange kind of display problem..

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hello,
i have bought my His 7850 icqx card on 17 the September ..i was using 5770 before.and using catalyst 12.4.
i sold 5770 and bought 7850..installed it

and my problem starts..its strange kind of problem...whenever i boot my pc for first time in day,it shows multi colored lines and dotted screen
no display just screen with colored dots..then i restart my pc and everything works fine....even no problem while gaming..played crysis on maxed out setting..no prob,getin 30 fps on all maxed out

i must tell, u these happens only when i boot my pc first time in a day...like after rest of 3 to 4 hour..then in whole day it works fine.then i shutdown it ,go to sleep and when i boot again same thing happens..i know its kind a strange problem but i am having it since i bought the card...don't know what to do...

so i returned my card,(thought gpu is faulty) and after few days ,RMA department called me saying that my card is working fine on their testing no problem at all ..so they are not going to replace it..they sent me the same card to me

i got my card back yesterday..(it took 8 days to get my card back :eek: )..
i took my cpu to the shop form where i bought my card..they installed card in my pc..and its running fine..its running fine through out the day ..even no artifact on first boot..i was so happy...then again a another night passed and now just half an hour ago i booted my pc and again same exect problem...on boot ,red lines appear and then just screen with colored lines.then no display at all.only black screen...i restarted pc and its again working fine...
now i am really annoyed :cry: :cry: :cry:

don't know what is causing this problem...what should i do now..??RMA guys is not going to believe about the problem ..previously i called them and explain them what kind of problem i was having and they are keep saying that hey hadn't acquired the kind of problem on there testing...now what to do ?????
please help.....

my specs are
Gigabyte mobo --GA 880GM UD2H..(REV 1.4).BIOS ver F8(letest)
Amd phenom 2- X4 965, 3.40 ghz
His icq x 2 gb ddr5 7850
Windows 7 home perimium 64 bit
Corsair thx 650 watt psu
4 GB of RAM.2 stick of 2GB one corsair ,,one kingstone
and at present using catalyst 12.8.((had tried clean install of amd driver several time)no luck with it

lots of thanx in advance......

manpreet66

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
Where did you purchase this? My suggestion would be open your case, arrange a decent video camera , turn on your computer, start your video showing card working in your case and the pan the camera to computer and record the crash. Show this video to them. And when you get your replacement or repaired card, sell it immidiately and buy 6950 or whatever you like. This 7000 line has this defect which now I am sure is universal.

And by the way, Triputi Enterprises are HIS's authorised service department, go to them if you have not done so.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

yea i know it ..i already tried it..i had returned my gpu to local retailer from whom i have purchased my card..they shipped it to Tirupati entreprize at kolkata..the RMA guys called me and told me that my gpu is fine..no problem at all and sent it back...got it yesterday only..worked well..and from today same problem again..its frustrating..
will go tomorrow again with my cpu..will see how it turns ..but i tell you their service(HIS) is totally ridiculous...they dont even hear your problem..just tell you working fine fine..utterly nonsense....
hope things go well with you .....

manpreet66

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

you just gave me the reason to visit the service center myself instead of shipping it. And my card is probably much worse than you, can't even play a video for 1 second without crashing so it should not be difficult to find that its faulty.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

yup its the way to go ..if it possible then i suggest that you go there by your self.....hope you get your gpu replaced..peace!!! ;)

manpreet66

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

Did you have to pay for shipping or anything else when they sent it to you?

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

just to update..i literary done what you have said...i recorded my problem with camera and again sent my gpu along with cd containing video of my problem...talked with RMA guy...so he said they will look at the problem
lets see how it ends... :??:

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

i didn't pay for shiping i just returned my gpu to the local retailer from whom i bought the card....they shiped it...and i bought it at 16300/-....i know at flipkart price is around something 16700..but they do charge interstate tax..so thats why its possible that price is litle high ..how much you paid???

manpreet66

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

Hmmm..... Actually I got lucky in that case because when I bought the card it was 15800 Rs. After that its price suddenly increased so much.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
I can think about 3-4 possible issues here.

It could be a badly seated Video Card, RAM problems, Power supply problems, or CPU Problems...

What power supply do you have? And what is its wattage?

Also, did you recently made changes in the BIOS, overclocked, or messed with jumpers?

-Bloc97

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

i have corsair TX 650 watt psu..recently purchased.....
RAM 4 gb ddr3 2 sticks of 2 gb..one kingstone one corsair...1333 hz
My mobo is GA 880 GM Ud2h Rev 1.4 bios f8
amd phenom 2 X4 965..3.4 ghz

no i haven't made any changes in bios..i was using HD 5770 before ..i uninstall the card and installed new HIS 7850..and problem occurred as i install the card and persist through out...so didn't even get a chance to update bios or overclocking

tried uninstalling amd drivers several time (with driver sweeper software also)
problem not resolved so i did RMA the gpu but they sent it back telling no problem in gpu...
HAd done clean OS install also (twice) no luck...
tried both video output DVI as well as HDMI.no improvement
and my monitor and cpu are working absolutely fine without gpu...

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

images showing my problem...

and after windows logo appear it turns in to no display at all..i have to restart pc..then it boots normal showing screen windows not correctly shutdown...and then it works fine....even no problem in gaming also.....
this happens every time i boot pc after being shutdown for 2 to 3 hours...

manpreet66

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012

You should check your motherboard as well may be it needs a bios update.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

sorry for late reply..i was busy in my job ...ok i'll check my ram..but is it possible that bad RAM can interfere with my gpu only and without gpu it will work fine????
because at present gpu not being installed in my pc its running normal..infect without even single problem....

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

Yea thanx..and congrats to you also buddy... :) got refund from my retailer (rather to say with same amount of money he got me sapphire one)

i have a good relation with my retailer and he is a bit of tough guy....helped me a lot trough my problem...and now i m happy :love: