Croxist

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I bought a new HDMI cable yesterday. When trying to connect it to my computer's HDMI port, I found the HDMI port is smaller than the HDMI cable. As a result, it unable to plug in to my computer. What should I buy in order to connect my HDMI cable to my computer?

Solution
It would help to know what make/model graphics card you have. That said if it is small then it is most likely a mini-HDMI so you would need a mini-HDMI adapter or cable. Let us know the make/model and we could help you more.

thomanator

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
Your card most likely came with a dvi to hdmi adapter, use that and youll be golden with nothing to buy. If you dont have the original box and stuff from your graphics card ask a friend for one.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I have a 560ti and that has a mini HDMI port. With the card when it was purchased was an adapter. Would you have the box from when you got the graphics card? If so, check it.

Otherwise check for an adapter from an online reseller like newegg for an adapter. Depends on length, the adapters are more expensive than some of the cables. Also check clearance on the back of the card, if that adapter will not work try this one.

6ft cable starts at $6. Cannot comment on build quality for this but should do the trick.

All the best with sorting it out.