Sabbat-style Resonance bonding for Mages

I was playing VtM:Bloodlines recently. A load screen mentioned that
Sabbat packs make each member drink mixed blood to do a collective
blood bond to everyone in the group.

This got me thinking. Prime has resonance. If one gets a point of
Quintessence out of something or someone, it has the resonance of the
source.

So if one had a group of player-characters, and each one had at least
one point of Quintessence, they could do a collective mingling.
Perhaps they could sit in a circle and have each person pass a point of
Quintessence around the group clockwise, gathering the resonance of
each member, until the original point of Quintessence returned.

Such a ritual might use the Mind sphere as well as Prime. The effects
might include heightened teamwork and loyalty.

"Rip Rock" <riprock@adres.nl> wrote in message
>I was playing VtM:Bloodlines recently. A load screen mentioned that
> Sabbat packs make each member drink mixed blood to do a collective
> blood bond to everyone in the group.
>
> This got me thinking. Prime has resonance. If one gets a point of
> Quintessence out of something or someone, it has the resonance of the
> source.
>
> So if one had a group of player-characters, and each one had at least
> one point of Quintessence, they could do a collective mingling.
> Perhaps they could sit in a circle and have each person pass a point of
> Quintessence around the group clockwise, gathering the resonance of
> each member, until the original point of Quintessence returned.
>
> Such a ritual might use the Mind sphere as well as Prime. The effects
> might include heightened teamwork and loyalty.

I used a similar thing in a mixed game I was GMing a while back. The mage
players were drawing quintessence from blood 'donated' by the Vampire. I
ruled that a blood bond developed after a number of instances (I think 6),
plus one of the PCs who was hitting the blood regularly got a nasty
addiction to deal with...

Rip Rock wrote:

> So if one had a group of player-characters, and each one had at least
> one point of Quintessence, they could do a collective mingling.
> Perhaps they could sit in a circle and have each person pass a point
of
> Quintessence around the group clockwise, gathering the resonance of
> each member, until the original point of Quintessence returned.
>
> Such a ritual might use the Mind sphere as well as Prime. The
effects
> might include heightened teamwork and loyalty.

A Mind rite alone would have those Effects. Throwing Prime into the mix
would take it to a much more fundamental level. Think of each Mage's
souls/Avatars/Essences blending together; I think it'd create some kind
of Gestalt/hive mind effect. A practical, mechanical result would
probably be something like Effects affecting each other having a zero
range difficulty, double the modifiers for Conjuctional Rites,
etc...Shared Seekings & Quiets, merged Avatars...

Other mages would probably notice that the Resonances of the Cabal in
question were becoming eerily alike...

Dex