Sabbat-style Resonance bonding for Mages

I was playing VtM:Bloodlines recently. A load screen mentioned that
Sabbat packs make each member drink mixed blood to do a collective
blood bond to everyone in the group.

This got me thinking. Prime has resonance. If one gets a point of
Quintessence out of something or someone, it has the resonance of the
source.

So if one had a group of player-characters, and each one had at least
one point of Quintessence, they could do a collective mingling.
Perhaps they could sit in a circle and have each person pass a point of
Quintessence around the group clockwise, gathering the resonance of
each member, until the original point of Quintessence returned.

Such a ritual might use the Mind sphere as well as Prime. The effects
might include heightened teamwork and loyalty.
2 answers Last reply
More about sabbat style resonance bonding mages
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    "Rip Rock" <riprock@adres.nl> wrote in message
    >I was playing VtM:Bloodlines recently. A load screen mentioned that
    > Sabbat packs make each member drink mixed blood to do a collective
    > blood bond to everyone in the group.
    >
    > This got me thinking. Prime has resonance. If one gets a point of
    > Quintessence out of something or someone, it has the resonance of the
    > source.
    >
    > So if one had a group of player-characters, and each one had at least
    > one point of Quintessence, they could do a collective mingling.
    > Perhaps they could sit in a circle and have each person pass a point of
    > Quintessence around the group clockwise, gathering the resonance of
    > each member, until the original point of Quintessence returned.
    >
    > Such a ritual might use the Mind sphere as well as Prime. The effects
    > might include heightened teamwork and loyalty.

    I used a similar thing in a mixed game I was GMing a while back. The mage
    players were drawing quintessence from blood 'donated' by the Vampire. I
    ruled that a blood bond developed after a number of instances (I think 6),
    plus one of the PCs who was hitting the blood regularly got a nasty
    addiction to deal with...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Rip Rock wrote:

    > So if one had a group of player-characters, and each one had at least
    > one point of Quintessence, they could do a collective mingling.
    > Perhaps they could sit in a circle and have each person pass a point
    of
    > Quintessence around the group clockwise, gathering the resonance of
    > each member, until the original point of Quintessence returned.
    >
    > Such a ritual might use the Mind sphere as well as Prime. The
    effects
    > might include heightened teamwork and loyalty.

    A Mind rite alone would have those Effects. Throwing Prime into the mix
    would take it to a much more fundamental level. Think of each Mage's
    souls/Avatars/Essences blending together; I think it'd create some kind
    of Gestalt/hive mind effect. A practical, mechanical result would
    probably be something like Effects affecting each other having a zero
    range difficulty, double the modifiers for Conjuctional Rites,
    etc...Shared Seekings & Quiets, merged Avatars...

    Other mages would probably notice that the Resonances of the Cabal in
    question were becoming eerily alike...

    Dex

Style Games Video Games