Sign in with
Your question

PSU Help and Advice

Last response: in Systems
November 25, 2012 4:00:39 PM

I ordered the Corsair Builder 500W PSU from NCIX on black Friday because it was on sale for $24.99. The order was put on hold because the payment was denied, they never informed me of this but that's a different rant for a different time. I didn't decide on my GPU until after I ordered this, so I guess it's actually a blessing because I want to make sure it will work because I've been having doubts. The other components are:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i5 3570k
EVGA GeForce GTX 660
G.Skills Sniper 32GB 1866 RAM
2TB Seagate Barracuda
90GB Corsair Force SSD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
LG Blu-Ray Reader
There are 4 fans in the case I bought, one of which is LED.

I was thinking a 700W might be better, just to be safe. Opinions please. And if you know of a good one that is within $30-$60, let me know.
Thanks.

More about : psu advice

November 25, 2012 4:12:03 PM

look the thing is you can find cheap but you shoulndt go cheap at all on your psu,because a bad psu could fry your whoe system...consider seasonic corsair xfx...and a 650 should be more than enough!!
November 25, 2012 4:24:01 PM

I know I shouldn't go cheap, I just meant a good price on a good PSU. But, you don't think the 500W could power it?
Related resources
November 25, 2012 4:35:39 PM

What about OCZ? I found a PSU from them and corsair that are the same price and same wattage, but the OCZ is fully modular which i prefer. Is corsair that much better?
November 25, 2012 4:43:22 PM

most will say corsair over ocz but ocz its good too but i dont know for sure.....check for xfx too if you can
November 25, 2012 4:56:25 PM

Yeah, I was going to go with XFX but I can't find a good deal on the right one. All of the deals are on their bigger ones. I was going to go with an XFX 850 but I figured I didn't need that much.
November 25, 2012 5:05:03 PM

this is only my opinion but because you are getting a 660 you should consider if you are going to sli or upgrade...if upgrade then no need but if sli then buy one now that wiil be enough!!
November 25, 2012 6:28:51 PM

doubt I'll SLI, there isn't much of a reason for me to honestly. I can't get a huge high priced one right ow as I'm already going out of budget because I bought some stupid things I didn't need haha. I don't think I'll sli, so the 750 should be okay. Thanks for the help, I think I'll go with the OCZ, the reviews and tests are really good.
November 25, 2012 6:31:03 PM

oki...best of luck!!!
!