NVIDIA driver stopped working

RedRasta

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
My laptop after watching a video or video calling, the screen goes black and after a few seconds the computer shuts down, would a new graphic's card solve this problem, the time varies, some 1 said its a heat problem with NVIDIA drivers?

Ok make sure you are doing exactly like i say: (Make sure to select the M series version of drivers. Because if you don't obviously its going to give you a error)

Select Geforce in the top box
Slect Geforce ***M series in the second box (Note: What ever graphics chip you have be it from 200,300,400,500,600 series)
Then select the product drop down menu, and select the card model you have.
Select your operating system in the 2nd column, 1 drop down menu. then in the recommended/beta field you want "Recommended/certified"
The latest driver says 306.23

But try the driver: 301.42

If you still experience issues, please reply back with your model# of your laptop and the specifications sheet.

RedRasta

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I just got this reply, I was able to download Version 306,23..Gforce 8200M G, thought I had it sorted and was happiy with the result, was able to video call... all was going well untill about 30 mins into call the same thing happened :-( should I uninstall and reinstall 301.42?

Thanks for this btw...

RedRasta

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
I just got this reply, I was able to download Version 306,23..Gforce 8200M G, thought I had it sorted and was happiy with the result, was able to video call... all was going well untill about 30 mins into call the same thing happened :-( should I uninstall and reinstall 301.42?

Thanks for this btw...

After the bs NVIDIA pulled who cares their a lost cause locking voltage on cards wow really let their ego get the best of them picking on MSI being control freaks they have lost their mind if they think people will put up with this especially when it's customer money they should be able to do whatever they want with their card whatever happened to break it that's your problem but the option is there at your own risk i will take my business else where and i suggest you do the same mate.
Wrong thread, dude. Interesting rant, though.

RedRasta

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hahaha, good man, hadn't a clue there... I'm just downloading the version you mentioned, hopefully it sorts the problem, if not I don't know what to do with this...:-(

RedRasta

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

RedRasta

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

I did as you said, this 1 ain't compatible eother... Is there anything else I could do? :eek:

I recommend you contact a NVIDIA support technician over at the Geforce forums. But before you do, try this website: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Also a spec sheet is a list of specifications about your laptop such as what processor you have and what memory you have and such. It helps us identify your laptop so we can look into any other conflicts people have been known to have with your specific model.