Sigma Announces SD11 4:3 Standard D-SLR with Foveon 6 mega..

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 1, 2005 10:44:54 PM

Sigma Announces SD11 4:3 Standard D-SLR with Foveon 6 megapixel/18
megaphotodetector sensor (not April Fools)

See: http://tinylink.com/?X9s5O3nlo7

I've added the SD11 to my web site, at http://digitalslrinfo.com

I've put this into the entry-level category, due to its relatively low
resolution, and based on it being based on the 4:3 standard, which has
proven to be highly undesirable. Even though this new model is only 6
megapixels, the photdetectors will be very small due to the small sensor
size.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 11:08:22 PM

HeHeHeHeHe ...

For those that "missed" it ...

http://digitalslrinfo.com/

= = = = = Begin Quote = = = = =
Okay, how many people were convinced that the SD11, F6D, D90, and EOS-1Ds
Mark X, were real? If you took the time to translate the whole site, you
would have read "Above, this year you were not again disgusted, it was the

April fools' day special edition number!

Of course, book hot news report is fiction entirely, the actual company
name and type name completely there is no relationship. Also the photograph
is image. Please do not get angry under any condition. Because of
sense...." For those of you that didn't see this April Fool's Joke, click
here.
= = = = = End Quote = = = = =

Besides ... IMHO the next version of the Canon full-frame sensor camera
will probably have over 20 MP!

!