Sign in with
Your question

[New Build] Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
November 25, 2012 5:22:35 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Today or tomorrow

Budget Range: none (I'll buy it in my country)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: Mouse, monitor, keyboard, speakers, headphones. I've got all peripherals

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Country of Origin: Brazil

Parts Preferences, by brand or type: I don't enjoy unusual or unknown brands. I rather stick with the main ones

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050 (I'll buy a FULL HD monitor in the future)

Additional Comments: considering budget, I've been thinking about building a Gaming PC using a GTX 660 (amzn.to/Tktaon) + i5 3750k or 3450. What do you guys think? If it's a great deal, I'd like to ask you guys to build the rest of the PC. If it's not, what processor and video card would you suggets (aproximate price). Thanks in advance

More about : build gaming

November 25, 2012 6:39:59 PM

i suggest if you can a 3570k or non k,depends from you if you're gonna OC,also for mobo a asrock extreme4 if you're gonna sli/crossfire/OC.....for gpu 7870 ghz is very good for that resolution and an ssd if you can...for psu depends on sli/crossfire or not and prefer xfk,corsair,seasonic!!!
m
l
November 25, 2012 7:22:39 PM

andreas_vak said:
i suggest if you can a 3570k or non k,depends from you if you're gonna OC,also for mobo a asrock extreme4 if you're gonna sli/crossfire/OC.....for gpu 7870 ghz is very good for that resolution and an ssd if you can...for psu depends on sli/crossfire or not and prefer xfk,corsair,seasonic!!!

Ty for the answer. What about a 3450 + gtx 660? Do you think the processor will bottleneck the gpu?
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2012 7:24:34 PM

i cant be sure but from what i hear i dont think so....
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 25, 2012 7:57:05 PM

I can guarantee you that your gpu won't be bottlenecked. A 3450 will take care of you up till a GTX 690. Also don't forget you can get an h77 motherboard instead of a z77.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 25, 2012 9:54:36 PM

+1 to DarkSable about the bottlenecking. The i5 3450 and GTX660 is an excellent combo. Just incase you're not aware, andreas_vak typod that PSU manufacturer - it's actually XFX. They don't make their own PSUs (a lot of companies don't) but use Seasonic as their main supplier. Seasonic are the best in the industry, therefore XFX PSUs are a strong choice :-) Same for PC Power and Cooling's Silencer and Silencer Mk3 lines, or just buy a straight Seasonic unit.
m
l
November 26, 2012 4:01:08 PM

sam_p_lay said:
+1 to DarkSable about the bottlenecking. The i5 3450 and GTX660 is an excellent combo. Just incase you're not aware, andreas_vak typod that PSU manufacturer - it's actually XFX. They don't make their own PSUs (a lot of companies don't) but use Seasonic as their main supplier. Seasonic are the best in the industry, therefore XFX PSUs are a strong choice :-) Same for PC Power and Cooling's Silencer and Silencer Mk3 lines, or just buy a straight Seasonic unit.

Ty for your response.

Just an update. What do you guys think about it?

. GTX 660
. 600W psu (probably Seasonic).
. Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz ram
. i5 3450 or 3470
. 500 gb / 1tb HD
. GA-B75M-D3H motherboard (the z77 and h77 are expensive here in brazil)
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 26, 2012 4:59:44 PM

Looks like an awesome setup! Only thing I'd say is missing is an SSD, but you can get by without one. Here, £80 ($110-120 USD) will get you one of the very fastest 120GB consumer drives out. Then just use hard disk for storage of music, photos, backups etc.
m
l
November 26, 2012 5:28:09 PM

sam_p_lay said:
Looks like an awesome setup! Only thing I'd say is missing is an SSD, but you can get by without one. Here, £80 ($110-120 USD) will get you one of the very fastest 120GB consumer drives out. Then just use hard disk for storage of music, photos, backups etc.

yeah, i'll probably get an SSD in the future. nowadays its super expensive in brazil
m
l
!