Graphics Upgrade recommendations

J_Keppel

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hello,
I currently have a HP model h8-1234 that has AMD FX 6120 six core processor 3.50Ghz, 10 GB RAM, 1TB HD an upgraded Corsair GS 800W power supply that came with an AMD Radeon HD 7450 GPU, Windows 7 64 bit O.S. While playing WoW MOP the graphics have to be on fair to obtain 40FPS and the graphics flicker. I need a GPU that is able to fit in 1 PCI-e slot any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank-you

Without knowing your budget or monitor resolution, how could we make suggestions?? Video cards range from $50 to $600.

Masters recommendations are very low end.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

It's friggin' "WoW", man, NOT "Guild Wars 2 at Ultras". I've made recommendations solely based on that.
These cards would be more than enough for him, really, ESPECIALLY since there are not so much really good single-slot options out there.

Also

LOLWUT? These are "Mid-Low", not just "Low". He'll be able to play some modern games on "Medium-Highs" with these (and most of pre-2008 titles on "Highs", and even "Ultras").

Those are not mid-low, they are low. A 6870 isn't even considered mid and it's way faster than those cards. A 7850 I would consider mid, barely mid.

Besides, don't you think he may want to play other games in his lifetime? Should he have to upgrade again then?

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

You are delusional.

There's really no better single-slot options left anyway, so he'll be thinking next about dual-slot GPUs nonetheless, because dual-slot basically became a standard these days.
You CAN still find very powerful single-slot GPUs these days, but almost all of these cost a leg (highly overpriced) and/or have water-cooling plates on them.

J_Keppel

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Monitor res is 1920x1080 it is an LG E2350v LED monitor, as for budget id like to stay below $300.00. Also I asked for a single slot card due to the fact that there is no roon for a dual slot PCI-e on the motherboard as far as I can tell unless a dual slot does not have 2 of the same size connections? I trulu do not know. Thank for all the input so far though :)

I think your confused, a dual slot card means its two slots wide, it doesn't mean it actually goes into two slots, it only goes into one.

J_Keppel

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

It is a 1920x1080 res monitor made by LG E2350v LED, and id like to stay at $300.00 or less. I saw the pic you linked and that is the mobo however I have never had a dual slot gpu. I was under the assumption that they took (2) of the PCI-e slots. If they do not that is great and I'll be more than happy to get one. Thanks for your help and time, Jamin

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

OP, if you're ready to get dual-slot GPU, then just get this (or this), and you're going to FLY with everything being on maximal maximums. I highly recommend them.

P.S. Note that you should always consider your case's dimensions (especially length) before you buy a new video card.
I think your case can fit just fine the ones that I've recommended, but it's better that you check it twice before making a payment at any hardware store.