Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will 550 ti (GTX) handle BF3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 2, 2012 4:18:23 PM

Will GTX 550 TI handle battlefield 3 with the highest resolution and settings or just high setting with FHD?

More about : 550 gtx handle bf3

October 2, 2012 5:59:24 PM

I had an overclocked asus 550ti that played single player bf3 with max settings, I usually turned msaa off and only used ssao so that the framerate stayed really but it was playable with it all turned on.
October 2, 2012 6:02:54 PM

MSAA off and no HBAO = not max settings, by the way

As for rather the 550ti will handle it or not, the biggest question is: what resolution are you talking about?

720p? Probably. Any resolution above that? No. 1080p? Not even close.
Related resources
October 2, 2012 6:21:15 PM

Igotaquestion said:
Will GTX 550 TI handle battlefield 3 with the highest resolution and settings or just high setting with FHD?


You haven't told us what resolution your monitor is, so nobody can answer your question.
October 2, 2012 6:21:46 PM

do you have it already? if you are looking at buying a graphics card under 200 bucks i would get a amd 7770 ghz or a amd 7850, or even a 6870 would be better then a 550 ti, the 650ti is supposed to be coming out in the next couple weeks
October 2, 2012 6:28:41 PM

The lowest end card I'd get on the gtx side of things is a 560 (no ti). A 7850 is the best card for the money if you want to enjoy BF3 at higher levels. I have used a gts 250, a single gtx 560, and 560s in sli in that game. If I were jumping in now, I'd get the 7850 or the 7870.
October 2, 2012 6:46:28 PM

BigMack70 said:
MSAA off and no HBAO = not max settings, by the way

As for rather the 550ti will handle it or not, the biggest question is: what resolution are you talking about?

720p? Probably. Any resolution above that? No. 1080p? Not even close.

I played it at 1080p with no problems, it could handle it with it all turned and the framerate stayed about 35, I did have a big overclock on it though.
October 2, 2012 7:19:18 PM

Darkoil said:
I played it at 1080p with no problems, it could handle it with it all turned and the framerate stayed about 35, I did have a big overclock on it though.


You weren't playing the game maxed out, so I don't know what your point is. MSAA + HBAO eats more than 50% of your framerate, so you would probably have been getting about 15fps maxed out. Not playable.

Also single player is a decent amount less demanding.
October 2, 2012 8:00:02 PM

I play at 1920 x 1080 with my HD 6850, which is a lil more powerful, and on multiplayer I get between 40 and 50 fps on high settings. On ultra I get ~23pfs
October 2, 2012 10:32:09 PM

I did not asked for any other graphic card , I asked about 550 TI ,
I got it , When I will try it I will choose the best answer.
Any other opinions?
October 2, 2012 10:33:59 PM

Igotaquestion said:
I did not asked for any other graphic card , I asked about 550 TI ,
I got it , When I will try it I will choose the best answer.
Any other opinions?


:lol:  @ noobie arrogance that shows up around here

The 550ti is a waste of money btw if you're buying one now, especially if you want to play BF3 on high-ultra at decent resolution.
October 2, 2012 11:14:47 PM

I have one suggestion, don't get a 550ti.
!