Will 550 ti (GTX) handle BF3?

Will GTX 550 TI handle battlefield 3 with the highest resolution and settings or just high setting with FHD?
9 answers Last reply
More about will handle
  1. I had an overclocked asus 550ti that played single player bf3 with max settings, I usually turned msaa off and only used ssao so that the framerate stayed really but it was playable with it all turned on.
  2. Igotaquestion said:
    Will GTX 550 TI handle battlefield 3 with the highest resolution and settings or just high setting with FHD?

You haven't told us what resolution your monitor is, so nobody can answer your question.
  3. do you have it already? if you are looking at buying a graphics card under 200 bucks i would get a amd 7770 ghz or a amd 7850, or even a 6870 would be better then a 550 ti, the 650ti is supposed to be coming out in the next couple weeks
  4. The lowest end card I'd get on the gtx side of things is a 560 (no ti). A 7850 is the best card for the money if you want to enjoy BF3 at higher levels. I have used a gts 250, a single gtx 560, and 560s in sli in that game. If I were jumping in now, I'd get the 7850 or the 7870.
  5. ^+1 :)
  6. BigMack70 said:
    MSAA off and no HBAO = not max settings, by the way

As for rather the 550ti will handle it or not, the biggest question is: what resolution are you talking about?

720p? Probably. Any resolution above that? No. 1080p? Not even close.

I played it at 1080p with no problems, it could handle it with it all turned and the framerate stayed about 35, I did have a big overclock on it though.
  7. I play at 1920 x 1080 with my HD 6850, which is a lil more powerful, and on multiplayer I get between 40 and 50 fps on high settings. On ultra I get ~23pfs
  8. I did not asked for any other graphic card , I asked about 550 TI ,
    I got it , When I will try it I will choose the best answer.
    Any other opinions?
  9. I have one suggestion, don't get a 550ti.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Battlefield Resolution Graphics