XP Driver works on some PCs, not others

a b \ Driver
July 20, 2004 1:36:18 AM

I have a problem the with usb driver that works fine on 2
computers, but fails on 2 others. The driver is for a
USB device that allows connecting a Playstation
controller to the USB port of a computer. The driver
installs fine, but fails to start (code 10) when the
deivce is plugged in.

I have tried this on 4 different computers. It works
fine on 2 and fails on the other 2. The computers all
have XP/SP1 with the same updates from Windows Update. So
far the only difference I can see is that the computers
with an ATI video work OK, while those with nVidia cards
do not.

Does anyone know how I can determine what is different to
make the driver work on some computers and not others?

Thanks

the computer The driver and device work fine on t

More about : driver works pcs

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 20, 2004 5:45:17 PM

It very likely is the different video cards. Probably the nVidia drivers
are conflicting with driver for the controller. You would need to check
with the provider of the controller to see if they can resolve this issue.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Gamer_USB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem the with usb driver that works fine on 2
> computers, but fails on 2 others. The driver is for a
> USB device that allows connecting a Playstation
> controller to the USB port of a computer. The driver
> installs fine, but fails to start (code 10) when the
> deivce is plugged in.
>
> I have tried this on 4 different computers. It works
> fine on 2 and fails on the other 2. The computers all
> have XP/SP1 with the same updates from Windows Update. So
> far the only difference I can see is that the computers
> with an ATI video work OK, while those with nVidia cards
> do not.
>
> Does anyone know how I can determine what is different to
> make the driver work on some computers and not others?
>
> Thanks
>

> the computer The driver and device work fine on t
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 21, 2004 12:28:14 AM

Thank you for the reply. I'll try swapping the ATI and
nVidia cards. The controller is a very small operation
with no website or support . It is a "Double Power Box
2" USB controller.

Thanks
Ron

Anonymous