Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Getting Dual 27 Crossover Monitors to work with EVGA GTX 660 Ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 2, 2012 9:41:06 PM

I just bought two Crossover 27p monitors and I am having a problem getting both of them to work at the same time. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti video card which has a DVI-I output (which is working) and a DVI-D output (which isnt sending signal). I can only get one monitor to work at a time. I have tested both monitors on the DVI-I output on the video card and they work when plugged in there, but when I plug into the DVI-D port then the monitors do not show anything, just a red light. I have tested both cables and they both work on the top port, so I am assuming its something with the video card not outputting probably on the DVI-D output port.

I talked to EVGA Support and they said to buy a GTX 570 instead that has dual DVI-I ports and that should work. Does this seem right?

Best solution

a c 540 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 2, 2012 10:26:35 PM

And yet EVGA explicitly claims "Support for four concurrent displays; two dual-link DVI connectors, HDMI and Displayport 1.2".

Did you go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and set up multiple displays? The the NVIDIA Control Panel should show if a monitor is connected to each DVI port.
October 2, 2012 10:29:08 PM

The monitors are both showing up in the NVidia control panel, its just there is no signal to one of them. Honestly the guy I spoke with at EVGA seemed a bit clueless. I am not sure what I can do at this point, I really dont want to go through the process of buying a different video card...
m
l
Related resources
October 2, 2012 10:35:09 PM

UPDATE - After I just restarted the computer now it started working. I cant believe I didnt do that before.
m
l
October 2, 2012 10:35:16 PM

Best answer selected by MaximusDecimus.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 2, 2012 10:36:23 PM

Could you try with an HDMI cable for the second monitor?
m
l
!