Compliments

Dagon

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

I have always had my misgivings about Werewolf the Apocalypse
Though there were aspects of the game that were interesting,
I mostly found it an infantile pastiche.

Today I got my copy of Werewolf Forsaken.

I am pleasantly surprised. It looks real good - and in this
incarnation all the manga twinkish nonsence was purged
and what's left is a distilled entity predisposed to roleplaying.
The old nitwit crowd of despicable D&D-esque rank-6
werewolf players won't like it - and that's real good.

I will fully support this product and won't take actions
undermining it's commercial viability.

WWGS has done good this time. About time.

Dagon, the netherlands, Europe
MSN dagonweb@hotmail.com

Dagon wrote:

> Today I got my copy of Werewolf Forsaken.
>
> I am pleasantly surprised. It looks real good - and in this
> incarnation all the manga twinkish nonsence was purged
> and what's left is a distilled entity predisposed to roleplaying.
> The old nitwit crowd of despicable D&D-esque rank-6
> werewolf players won't like it - and that's real good.
>
> I will fully support this product and won't take actions
> undermining it's commercial viability.

Talk about a sign of the impending Apocalypse!

Dagon wrote:
> I am pleasantly surprised. It looks real good - and in this
> incarnation all the manga twinkish nonsence was purged
> and what's left is a distilled entity predisposed to roleplaying.
> The old nitwit crowd of despicable D&D-esque rank-6
> werewolf players won't like it - and that's real good.

That's an exceptionally rude and petty way of seeing things.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Tyler Dion wrote:
> Dagon wrote:
>
>>I am pleasantly surprised. It looks real good - and in this
>>incarnation all the manga twinkish nonsence was purged
>>and what's left is a distilled entity predisposed to roleplaying.
>>The old nitwit crowd of despicable D&D-esque rank-6
>>werewolf players won't like it - and that's real good.
>

> That's an exceptionally rude and petty way of seeing things.

Well in a way I agree with Dagon. I don't like when the D&D players
come into a white wolf game expecting such insane similarities. They
expect insane amounts of XP (not that I'd give it) and, in the case of
werewolf, spend all their time in crinos destroying first, asking
questions later. You get enough of these guys in one pack and they can
take down the SWAT team you throw at them, and just ruin the story
lines. Just like when I played mage with a D&D veteran and ended up
having all sorts of things blown up, despite the paradox backlash for
those nasty fireballs.

In article <olj5e.4203$2J6.2617@fe06.lga>, Edward Elric
<jinxdjester@nospam.charter.net> wrote:

> I don't like when the D&D players
> come into a white wolf game expecting such insane similarities. They
> expect insane amounts of XP (not that I'd give it) and, in the case of
> werewolf, spend all their time in crinos destroying first, asking
> questions later.

Well, they're new players. You cut them slack for the first few games
and consistently remind and inform them they're playing a different game
now, one with its own set of assumptions and norms.

But anyway, my remark to Dagon was actually in reference to what seems
to be a general disparaging tone to what he calls the "old nitwit crowd
of despicable D&D-esque rank-6 werewolf players." He may not like to
play Werewolf that way, but that doesn't make the style any less valid
and it's rude to imply so.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Tyler Dion wrote:
> Dagon wrote:
>
>>I am pleasantly surprised. It looks real good - and in this
>>incarnation all the manga twinkish nonsence was purged
>>and what's left is a distilled entity predisposed to roleplaying.
>>The old nitwit crowd of despicable D&D-esque rank-6
>>werewolf players won't like it - and that's real good.
>
> That's an exceptionally rude and petty way of seeing things.

What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and petty
and there wouldn't be much left.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

Richard Clayton wrote:

> What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and petty
> and there wouldn't be much left.

There would be a lonely chronic migraine, floating in the air with no
brain surrounding it.
--
Stephenls
Geek

In article <qon5e.1278$hB6.149@trnddc06>, Richard Clayton
<recZIGlaytonZIG@verizon.net> wrote:

> What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and petty
> and there wouldn't be much left.

Guess I've never noticed Dagon before. His MO is duly noted.

--
Tyler

m o c t o d o o h a y t a h c t i v o n i l b

Bac>|wards

Dagon

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

> > What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and petty
> > and there wouldn't be much left.
>
> There would be a lonely chronic migraine, floating in the air with no
> brain surrounding it.

And all I want is to be loved.
C'mon dick, show me some good loving.
I know you can save me.

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:32:48 +0200, "Dagon" <dagonweb@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and petty
>> > and there wouldn't be much left.
>>
>> There would be a lonely chronic migraine, floating in the air with no
>> brain surrounding it.
>
>And all I want is to be loved.
>C'mon dick, show me some good loving.
>I know you can save me.

Worst
limerick
ever.

--
Hong Ooi | "COUNTERSRTIKE IS AN REAL-TIME
hong@zipworld.com.au | STRATEGY GAME!!!"

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 04:16:36 GMT, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and petty
>> and there wouldn't be much left.
>
>There would be a lonely chronic migraine, floating in the air with no
>brain surrounding it.

I now have my next recurring villain. Thank you, Stephenls, is that IS your
real name!

--

Stephenls wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
>
>> What were you expecting? This is Dagon; take away the rude and
>> petty and there wouldn't be much left.
>
> There would be a lonely chronic migraine, floating in the air with no
> brain surrounding it.

Heh heh heh! Smirk +2.