Freezing During Games

Grouchy187

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I'm having an issue with my PC, hoping to get some help. Basically, when I play games, over time my PC will completely freeze, sound cuts off and it stays that way. It happens at random times.

One thing that forces the freeze, if I re-size the windows media player window on my second monitor really fast, while the game is running, seems to cause the system to freeze. Without re-sizing the windows media player window, it might run for hours and not freeze, or it might go for a bit a freeze.

My System:
i7 920 at 3.36gHz (tried getting rid of the overclock, samething)
SLI EVGA 570 GTX (Stock)
6gb OCZ Ram
EVGA x58 SLI3 Mobo (year old)
Corsair 1050 PSU

From what I can see, nothing is over heating, all my temps are fine. Stress testing software seems to run fine. Event viewer only shows "Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D" but not always when I get the freeze.

Any ideas/thoughts? Could it be the cause of music software (windows media player or itunes) causing the freeze?

Grouchy187

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
For a mini dump, I'd have to get a BSOD right? I never get one... my pc freezes and stays like that until I hit the reset button.

Also, tried a more lightweight media player, foobar 2000. I had CoD: Black Ops 2 running on my main monitor as I was editing a playlist on my second monitor and everything froze again. :(