Can i get some help please? Trying to upgrade a pc.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hello, Im not very PC Savvy but i have an ok knowledge. The current pc i have is ok but not the best. I have decided to sell my xbox as i rarely play it and im putting it towards money that i have saved to upgrade this PC.

My current specs are.

AMD Athlon II x4 645 processor
4gb ram
Radeon Sapphire HD6670 DDR5 1GB

I orignally got this made to play a few low endish games but im now playing War z and hoping to play fallout and skyrim type games on max settings.

Possibly even BF3 and COD.

Im going to have around £300 to £350 to spend. Im going to add 2GB more ram so i have 6GB

But i cant decide what Motherboard to get and what GPU i should get? I would also like a card that will run future games pretty well too for a while.

Can i get some reccomendations please? I also prefer Radeon over Nvidea

I would like to write down what you guys suggest and take them to the person who builds the machines so i can know exactly what i want,

Thanks.

bkoop

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I would keep the motherboard and processor and just upgrade the video card to a GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5. Here in the US it is $239.99 and a good upgrade from your card.

I use Tom's Hardware Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart as a starting point:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

I picked the Gigabyte one, because the Core Clock is 1100MHz instead of the standard 1000MHz.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Il write that down. You 100% sure i should get that card?

The reason i was thinking of getting a new mobo and processor was because my PSU broke and fried this one, However the guy got it working again but my c has been acting wierd ever since.

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Should i re buy this mobo and processor? or is therre a really good one for the £150 price range?

Will i need a bigger PSU and cooling systems with this stuff? as i cant afford that,

I have a 650w atm

Due to your motherboard getting damaged I suggest you also buy a ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+. This motherboard will work with your Athlon X4 CPU and your RAM. It works with the newest 8 core piledriver CPUs. Buy this first to see if your problems goes away. If they dont buy an 8GB ddr3 1600 RAM kit for around $39. If this doesn't fix the problem then you may have damaged the CPU as well. Any AMD X4 or higher will work. Once you have removed the source of the acting weird. Do note tho the video card could have been damaged. If you have any way to test the video card would help. If you cant then you may have to flip a coin on the cpu and video card fix. I suggest these last because the are less likely to be the cause than the motherboard but more costly than the RAM.

Motherboard on sale. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280

danryder

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Will this card that was suggested run any game in max settings?

GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5.

The mother board and processor thing is confusing me a little.