Please help new build wont start all of a sudden

This is my first time on this site, but I need urgent help as I'm going into a huge depression with my new computer. I spent over 1500 dollars in parts for it, bought an ESD wrist band which i used all the time. I made the computer and did a test build and it booted fine. Put everything in the case nice and neat and hooked up neatly my fans and all connections. I only had a wierd connection with the hard drive since i wasn't sure if i was using the correct sata cable. (it was a blue gigabyte sata cable). Anyway everything was fine but when i went to install my OS, for some reason it wouldn't pick up my hard drive, so i figured let me open the case and just check out the plugs. But after i opned the case (im still wearing the esd) and i try to turn it on, i got absolutely no response from anything, i got so scared, i took the whole case out to the kitchen where i was making it and gutted out every conenction except for the mobo, psu, and gpu. and I still get nothing, i tried to jump the connections on the ATX Psu wires and connected it to some additional case fans and it still didnt even fire up. All of my voltage, ohm testers are out of battery. I plan on bringing it to a computer shop nearby but I just want some clear of mind. Please someone tell me that this is just the PSU acting up and not my new gigabyte mobo or the i7 processor. Everything was fine until i opened back up the case (i opened it before no problem when i was building it and everything was fine) but now its almost as if the PSU just isnt even there and it wont do anything. I feel like killing myself, been a horrible day and this just gets worst. (im not suicidal but just saying i feel like utter trash)
5 answers Last reply
More about please build wont start sudden
  1. TOOK TO COMPUTER SHOP: SOLVED. Turns out I had my CMOS pins were being used
  2. what did you have in your rig anyways. i can tell you what you could have improved on
  3. Thanks for the reply. I have
    GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA 02G-P4-3651-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
    Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-8GZH
    Western Digital WD AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    OCZ ZT Series 550W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply

The rest is just monitors and gaming mouse as well as keyboard. The case was a Challenger mid ATX and I also bought fans for it. Sorry i spazzed out earlier, first computer i ever made and i'm sure we can all relate to how precious we work for these things.
  4. this isnt really a gaming rig you put together

-i7s are not for games. i5s perform the same
    -you could haved ordered the z77x-d3h for the same price
    -you should have gotten a 7870 for 189.99 and it would perform miles better
    -you just broke your CPU warranty by using fast and useless ram. fast ram is useless
    -green drives are unsuitable for boot drives. maybe just storage but boot is not good. this would be your bottleneck
    -your power supply isnt that great either. i guess you fell for full modularity
  5. ugh >.< thanks for the info. I wish i discovered this site sooner lol. I had the wrong ideas. Thanks for the info and ill be sure to send you a message and a post on this site if I plan on upgrading in the future.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product