Sign in with
Your question

I need help getting a picture from a radeon sapphire 7770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 3, 2012 5:21:17 AM

im in the process of buiding a new comp, i have everything installed properly and the computer runs fine. i just cant seem to get an image via hdmi or vga. everytime i try either of them, i get a "no signal" indicator im my monitor. I'm pretty sure that my graphics card is compatible with my motherboard but its possible i made a mistake. my motherboard is a GA-990FXA-UD3. if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it!!!
October 3, 2012 5:51:10 AM

Double check that the graphics card is plugged in all the way - I've seen them be not fully in more times than I can count, because it takes more force to put it in than a lot of people think. (Don't forget to raise the tab on the PCI slot if it has one!)
m
l
October 3, 2012 5:54:12 AM

Make sure on your motherboard the video output is set to pci-express and not internal or something, Also make sure your motherboard can even detect the card. Worst case scenario your windows install should default to vga drivers and output a low resolution until drivers are installed and if it doesn't do this you may have a bad card.

How are you currently getting an image, through the vga on the board?
m
l
Related resources
October 3, 2012 6:10:45 AM

thers not image at all. tried both of the pci express slots that fit my graphics card. i also seem to be having a problem with the power is switched to 115v from the 230v on the back of the case. when its setting is at 115v, my computer seems to rev up a lil bit and slow back down. i believe it might be a pwr supply issue. my pwr supply is at 500w and i know my graphics card requires 450.
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:21:15 AM

anyway it would be possible for me to send you a video of what im dealing with?
m
l
October 3, 2012 6:30:43 AM

check that you used the mb brass stand offs..if you did not you ground out the mb to the case. no power supply is going to start with a dead short. also on most my there two power plugs a 24 pin atx and a 4/8 plug near the cpu. make sure you have the 4/8 pin power plug connected.if it a 8 pin dont use the blue 6 by 2 cable there should be a 8 pin cable or two 4 pin cables to make a 8 pin cable up.
m
l
!