Andrea

Hello everybody!
i need some help about petty game rules
i hope somebody with authority about the game here could answer my
questions (or tell me who can do it) and understand my poor english
(i'm from italy)

i'm trying to play exalted with my playgroup (i'm not the storyteller,
just the rulemonger. sigh) and trying our first true combat an issue
emerged about an archery charm (2 archery charms in fact)

dazzling flare attack states: 1mote for 2damage
solar spike states: 1 mote for 2 dice of damage

other players in the playgroup are sure that the damage done by
dazzling flare attack arrows is automatic, so there's no need to throw
dice after soak to determine damage, in opposition to the base damage
descripted in solar spike. i still think: no, but they don't belive me

help me tell them "i told you" confirming my opinion (or teach me some
humility ;)

also: dazzling flare attack (it's a puzzle indeed) confuses me: the
motes spent to add to the archery+dex dicepool automatically adds also
to the damage part or more, different motes must be spent?

thank you in advance for your attention

Andrea

Andrea wrote:
> Hello everybody!
> i need some help about petty game rules
> i hope somebody with authority about the game here could answer my
> questions (or tell me who can do it) and understand my poor english
> (i'm from italy)

Your English is excellent! You should be proud; most of us Ugly
Americans never learn any other languages.

> i'm trying to play exalted with my playgroup (i'm not the storyteller,
> just the rulemonger. sigh) and trying our first true combat an issue
> emerged about an archery charm (2 archery charms in fact)
>
> dazzling flare attack states: 1mote for 2damage
> solar spike states: 1 mote for 2 dice of damage
>
> other players in the playgroup are sure that the damage done by
> dazzling flare attack arrows is automatic, so there's no need to throw
> dice after soak to determine damage, in opposition to the base damage
> descripted in solar spike. i still think: no, but they don't belive me
>
> help me tell them "i told you" confirming my opinion (or teach me some
> humility ;)

Dazzling Flare Attack increases the *base* damage of your attack-- for
example, a shot that would do 3L now does 7L. This damage IS rolled,
since you're improving the arrow, not doing automatic damage. So yes,
you were right.

> also: dazzling flare attack (it's a puzzle indeed) confuses me: the
> motes spent to add to the archery+dex dicepool automatically adds also
> to the damage part or more, different motes must be spent?

A bowshot enhanced with Dazzling Flare Attack gains one extra die to
the attack-- and ONLY one, no matter how many motes you spend. The main
effect is to increase your arrow's damage; the extra die is a bonus. If
my arrows do 3L damage, I can spend a mote to increase my arrows to 5L,
plus I get +1 to my Dex + Archery. Or I can spend 3 motes of Essence and
pump my arrows to 9L, but I'm still adding just +1 to my Dex + Archery.

> thank you in advance for your attention

No problem. And welcome to alt.games.whitewolf!
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Richard Clayton

DoMon

Il 10 Apr 2005 04:50:44 -0700, aea_dc@yahoo.it (Andrea) ha scritto:

>Hello everybody!
>i need some help about petty game rules
>i hope somebody with authority about the game here could answer my
>questions (or tell me who can do it) and understand my poor english
>(i'm from italy)

hi andrea: did you try asking it over http://www.magoscuro.com/exalted
forum?

>help me tell them "i told you" confirming my opinion (or teach me some
>humility ;)

i confirm your opinion...

>also: dazzling flare attack (it's a puzzle indeed) confuses me: the
>motes spent to add to the archery+dex dicepool automatically adds also
>to the damage part or more, different motes must be spent?

the forst mote add +1 to hit and +2 to damage, and is mandatory.
subsequent motes add only to damage

>thank you in advance for your attention

you're welcome
--
Domon, DOMON! ma che sei, soddo? che siete, na tribù da 'ndicappati?
D come Dateme artro tempo

per rispondermi, togli il FILTRO!

Andrea

Domon <niccoloFILTRO@turnipsrl.it> wrote in message news:<72ek51hfej0cimd39kkk32jih5gpf42c7h@4ax.com>...
> Il 10 Apr 2005 04:50:44 -0700, aea_dc@yahoo.it (Andrea) ha scritto:
>
> >Hello everybody!
> >i need some help about petty game rules
> >i hope somebody with authority about the game here could answer my
> >questions (or tell me who can do it) and understand my poor english
> >(i'm from italy)
>
> hi andrea: did you try asking it over http://www.magoscuro.com/exalted
> forum?
>
> >help me tell them "i told you" confirming my opinion (or teach me some
> >humility ;)
>
> i confirm your opinion...
>
> >also: dazzling flare attack (it's a puzzle indeed) confuses me: the
> >motes spent to add to the archery+dex dicepool automatically adds also
> >to the damage part or more, different motes must be spent?
>
> the forst mote add +1 to hit and +2 to damage, and is mandatory.
> subsequent motes add only to damage
>
> >thank you in advance for your attention
>
> you're welcome
> --
> Domon, DOMON! ma che sei, soddo? che siete, na tribù da 'ndicappati?
> D come Dateme artro tempo
> O come Orribilmente geek
> M come Magno 'na cifra
> O come Ora te stronco l'anema se nun me caghi e
> N come Nun parletemi male d'Exalted!!!
>
> per rispondermi, togli il FILTRO!

hmm, ok, con te potrei parlare italiano... magari sul forum che mi hai
consigliato (ottimo, ora torno a farci un giro)

Thank you all for the answers and explainings

Regards
Andrea

DoMon

Il 15 Apr 2005 03:29:07 -0700, aea_dc@yahoo.it (Andrea) ha scritto:

>hmm, ok, con te potrei parlare italiano... magari sul forum che mi hai
>consigliato (ottimo, ora torno a farci un giro)

how could you miss it! now i understand who Taglio is :D
(i'm still writing in english because this is an english NG)