system hanging

I am unsure if this is the right forum however
Problem is this...
when i put a disk in either of my two DVD drives (one is
a DVD ROM other DVD-RW) the system sometimes locks
up/hangs. the only way to get out of it is to reset. it
doesn't happen all the time just when it "feels" like it!
my DVD-RW is Pioneer and DVD ROM is LG and both appear to
work normally when system doesn't hang. i have also
rebooted the DVD drivers.
can someone please help as my system could soon become a
boat anchor!
1 answer Last reply
More about system hanging

    This usually indicates the software you installed for your DVD-RW drive
    needs to be updated. Check the applications website for the latest updates
    for the XP version of the software. If that fails to resolve it, you may
    need to contact either the application's tech support or that of your
    DVD-RW.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Brendan" <brendanandshan@kooee.com.au> wrote in message
    >I am unsure if this is the right forum however
    > Problem is this...
    > when i put a disk in either of my two DVD drives (one is
    > a DVD ROM other DVD-RW) the system sometimes locks
    > up/hangs. the only way to get out of it is to reset. it
    > doesn't happen all the time just when it "feels" like it!
    > my DVD-RW is Pioneer and DVD ROM is LG and both appear to
    > work normally when system doesn't hang. i have also
    > rebooted the DVD drivers.
    > can someone please help as my system could soon become a
    > boat anchor!

Drivers DVD Drives Windows XP