CPU: i5 3570k
HEATSINK: Hyper 212 EVO
MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GPU: EVGA GTX 680
RAM: PNY 16GB 1333mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64mb 6.0
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 850W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular

Question I have about 650GB left on my HDD most of the space is taken up by games. Everything however is currently installed on the HDD and my SSD is only being used as a speedboost. Leaving about 80GB free of the 128. I had initially had the OS Windows 7 64bit on the SSD when I first built my PC. When I started downloading games or anything rather everything would install on the SSD without me having a choice to place it on the HDD instead until after the fact. So it was constantly near being full. I did however have great speed and efficiency when navigating my desktop and files and browser. Is there a way to set up my SSD with just my OS and browser and some other essential programs while still having my HDD as the primary drive for downloads.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Im not sure what games you are downloading or what client you are using, but one important thing to note is that steam will not give you an option on where to install games, it downloads them to whatever disk the client is on. So be conscious of that