Amd Dual graphics Hybrid crossfire

Never really thought of that. It should still use the the GDDR5 on the card. Most of the GPUs they suggested for hybrid crossfire for Llano had DDR3 though. I haven't seen an official support list yet for Trinity. If I were you I would still get the GDDR5 version of the 6670 because you're better safe than sorry. Also I might wait til AMD releases an official list of supported hybrid crossfires.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
A hybrid crossfire isn't a complete crossfire...

The APU and the GPU isn't merged, they are functioning separately, that is why a Hybrid Crossfire doesn't always give a big performance boost.

The APU would be doing the textures, and the GPU would be doing the Other things...
100% efficiency isn't always achieved. Even in some games, the hybrid crossfire actually diminishes performance.

The APU would keep its DDR3 Shared RAM, and the GPU would use its GDDR5 RAM...

-Hope it helps! :)
Bloc97

Not sure what that is all about. AMD does dual-graphics in **alternate frame rendering.**

The SIMD engine array on the Trinity APU utilizes Turks cores sharing DDR3 system memory. You want your discreet card clocks and memory to 'sync-up' as closely as possible to the APU.

The HD6670 utilizes Turks cores. It is easier for the discreet card with DDR3 to sync-up memory clocks with the APU as opposed to DDR5.