Vampire: Bloodlines

Last response: in Video Games
April 15, 2005 1:07:46 AM

Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?

Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer to
see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...

Dex,
wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about for
awhile...

More about : vampire bloodlines

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:20:52 PM

Hand-of-Omega wrote:
> Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?

It was certainly a better V:tM game than Redemption (and I liked
Redemption). It felt more like a true RPG as opposed to Diablo with
fangs. But even without the WoD aspect, I think Bloodlines is a pretty
damn good game. It certainly has it's flaws though. The combat system
could use a bit more work, there are still some annoying glitches even
after the patch. Also it just seemed too short for me, there is a good
amount of content, but I still want more.

> Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
> If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer to
> see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
> creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
> game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...

There is some crossovers in Bloodlines, but not much. Off the top of my
head I can think of two guest appearances by other splats and the
Kuei-Jin have a small but decent sized part in the game.

Out of the other Old WoD games Werewolf would almost certainly make the
best computer game. It could transfer just as well as Vampire to the
format. I don't think Mage would work very well in that you would have
to ditch the magic system, and that's really the best part.

> Dex,
> wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about for
> awhile...

Don't know. Hunted around a bit, and the latest info I could find was
from the end of 2003, right after Interplay (who owns the license)
killed off their RPG studio Black Isle. It was mentioned as one of the
big projects they were still working on, but there wasn't really any
solid info.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 9:47:19 PM

Nick Kolowski wrote:

> > Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring
Kuei-jin?
> > If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you
prefer to
> > see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
> > creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
> > game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...
>

> There is some crossovers in Bloodlines, but not much. Off the top of
my
> head I can think of two guest appearances by other splats and the
> Kuei-Jin have a small but decent sized part in the game.

I've found a friend who played it; she mentioned two Kuei-Jin (who kept
kicking her ass!^^) and a (apparently mindless) werewolf...I would have
expected a ghost or two to show up myself...

> Out of the other Old WoD games Werewolf would almost certainly make
the
> best computer game. It could transfer just as well as Vampire to the
> format. I don't think Mage would work very well in that you would
have
> to ditch the magic system, and that's really the best part.

Did you ever play the X-Box Hunter game?

Dex,
thinking that a Trinity game would also be pretty sweet!
April 25, 2005 3:40:51 AM

> Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?
I've played it! It was fun.

> Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
Kuei-jin are fairly important in it. The factions are Camarilla,
Sabbat, Anarchs, Kuei-jin, and none of the above. Depending on how you
play, there's an alternate ending for allying with any except the
Sabbat, who are just antagonists period. One of the four "hubs" is
Chinatown, the Kuei-jin stronghold.
> If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer to
> see? Garou, Mage, other?
Garou.
> Would you like to see one of the other
> creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
> game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...
Creatures in bloodlines: there's a nice ghost quest (it won an award for
that level), zombies, a gargoyle, Kuei-jin, Kindred (one from Ebony
Kingdom), Kine (duh), a werewolf (seems mindless from players
perspective). I may be forgetting some.

> Dex,
> wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about for
> awhile...
Never heard of it, sounds cool though. Hope it makes it!
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 11:34:11 PM

Hand-of-Omega wrote:
> Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?
>
> Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
> If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer
> see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
> creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
> game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...
>
> Dex,
> wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about
for
> awhile...

Even though I called it Vampire: the Load-Screen: Crash to Desktop,
some people love it enough to make unofficial patches.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=25134

This is an unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by
Troika Games. It is based on Dan Upright's great unofficial oma Vampire
Patch 1.2 whose readme is included with minor corrections.

Extract the archive into your game folder keeping the directory
structure intact and back up all overwritten files if you want to
remove it later.

This patch attempts to fix many bugs, but no guarantees are made, since
we haven't had time to test them all. It can be installed on top of the
official 1.2 patch from Troika Games without problems.

Confirmations of fixes marked with a "*" would be nice, also reports of
any other problems, glitches or non-crashing bugs we have missed up
until now.

http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=196
!