Vampire: Bloodlines

Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?

Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer to
see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...

Dex,
wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about for
awhile...
4 answers Last reply
More about vampire bloodlines
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?

    It was certainly a better V:tM game than Redemption (and I liked
    Redemption). It felt more like a true RPG as opposed to Diablo with
    fangs. But even without the WoD aspect, I think Bloodlines is a pretty
    damn good game. It certainly has it's flaws though. The combat system
    could use a bit more work, there are still some annoying glitches even
    after the patch. Also it just seemed too short for me, there is a good
    amount of content, but I still want more.

    > Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
    > If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer to
    > see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
    > creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
    > game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...

    There is some crossovers in Bloodlines, but not much. Off the top of my
    head I can think of two guest appearances by other splats and the
    Kuei-Jin have a small but decent sized part in the game.

    Out of the other Old WoD games Werewolf would almost certainly make the
    best computer game. It could transfer just as well as Vampire to the
    format. I don't think Mage would work very well in that you would have
    to ditch the magic system, and that's really the best part.

    > Dex,
    > wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about for
    > awhile...

    Don't know. Hunted around a bit, and the latest info I could find was
    from the end of 2003, right after Interplay (who owns the license)
    killed off their RPG studio Black Isle. It was mentioned as one of the
    big projects they were still working on, but there wasn't really any
    solid info.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Nick Kolowski wrote:

    > > Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring
    Kuei-jin?
    > > If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you
    prefer to
    > > see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
    > > creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
    > > game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...
    >

    > There is some crossovers in Bloodlines, but not much. Off the top of
    my
    > head I can think of two guest appearances by other splats and the
    > Kuei-Jin have a small but decent sized part in the game.

    I've found a friend who played it; she mentioned two Kuei-Jin (who kept
    kicking her ass!^^) and a (apparently mindless) werewolf...I would have
    expected a ghost or two to show up myself...

    > Out of the other Old WoD games Werewolf would almost certainly make
    the
    > best computer game. It could transfer just as well as Vampire to the
    > format. I don't think Mage would work very well in that you would
    have
    > to ditch the magic system, and that's really the best part.

    Did you ever play the X-Box Hunter game?

    Dex,
    thinking that a Trinity game would also be pretty sweet!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    > Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?
    I've played it! It was fun.

    > Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
    Kuei-jin are fairly important in it. The factions are Camarilla,
    Sabbat, Anarchs, Kuei-jin, and none of the above. Depending on how you
    play, there's an alternate ending for allying with any except the
    Sabbat, who are just antagonists period. One of the four "hubs" is
    Chinatown, the Kuei-jin stronghold.
    > If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer to
    > see? Garou, Mage, other?
    Garou.
    > Would you like to see one of the other
    > creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
    > game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...
    Creatures in bloodlines: there's a nice ghost quest (it won an award for
    that level), zombies, a gargoyle, Kuei-jin, Kindred (one from Ebony
    Kingdom), Kine (duh), a werewolf (seems mindless from players
    perspective). I may be forgetting some.

    > Dex,
    > wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about for
    > awhile...
    Never heard of it, sounds cool though. Hope it makes it!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega wrote:
    > Has anyone played this? How does it hold up?
    >
    > Would you play a similar game by the same people featuring Kuei-jin?
    > If they did a game with another supernatural, which would you prefer
    > see? Garou, Mage, other? Would you like to see one of the other
    > creatures crossing over (like running into a Changeling in a Mage
    > game)? I'm assuming there aren't any crossovers in Bloodlines...
    >
    > Dex,
    > wondering what's up with that Exalted PC game that was talked about
    for
    > awhile...

    Even though I called it Vampire: the Load-Screen: Crash to Desktop,
    some people love it enough to make unofficial patches.

    http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=25134

    This is an unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by
    Troika Games. It is based on Dan Upright's great unofficial oma Vampire
    Patch 1.2 whose readme is included with minor corrections.

    Extract the archive into your game folder keeping the directory
    structure intact and back up all overwritten files if you want to
    remove it later.

    This patch attempts to fix many bugs, but no guarantees are made, since
    we haven't had time to test them all. It can be installed on top of the
    official 1.2 patch from Troika Games without problems.

    Confirmations of fixes marked with a "*" would be nice, also reports of
    any other problems, glitches or non-crashing bugs we have missed up
    until now.

    http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=196

Games Video Games