Sellu

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello ,

Im planning on buying a new GPU for my rig...Need your opinion on these cards & suggest me which good for 1080p gaming.

Sapphire HD 7950 OC
Sapphire HD 7870 OC
MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition

Stuck with these 3 cards & cant decide which one to buy.So,im looking forward for you opinion.

Thank You.

Solution
G

nice. so no problem running any card on the planet :)

first, i would like to state that i would be apprehensive at getting a card with 192 memory bus that costs more than $220. so i am not going to recommend the 660ti. that is my personal philosophy, right or wrong.

looking quickly at a few reviews; according to these benchmarks the sapphire 7870 OC does hang out of the box with the sapphire 7950 OC; making it a good buy for price/performance.

and according to these benchmarks the sapphire, when overclocked a little further (1100/7360) can surpass the XFX DD 7970; making it the best...
G

it would help to know the specs of your rig including PSU wattage. also where there any particular games you are thinking of?

Sellu

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Gtx 670 is out of my reach...Coz im buying 2 cards for my rig & for my brothers rig...
We usually play dota 2 , crysis ,BF3 & some more FPS & MMO games together..
But my bro wants to play some upcoming games like NFS MW2 , crysis 3 etc at ultra settings... So , i need to know which is the best among these 3 cards mentioned up.

G

nice. so no problem running any card on the planet :)

first, i would like to state that i would be apprehensive at getting a card with 192 memory bus that costs more than $220. so i am not going to recommend the 660ti. that is my personal philosophy, right or wrong.

looking quickly at a few reviews; according to these benchmarks the sapphire 7870 OC does hang out of the box with the sapphire 7950 OC; making it a good buy for price/performance.

and according to these benchmarks the sapphire, when overclocked a little further (1100/7360) can surpass the XFX DD 7970; making it the best performing card IMHO.

so, if you want the more powerful; get the 7950 and overclock it. though i must also state that mileage will vary when overclocking but if you only get (925/5500) it will still hang with any of the big boys.

Solution