Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My internet keeps getting interrupted Help me Please!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 12, 2011 1:37:26 AM

Hey guys, recently while I'm surfing the internet, it would always say that my connection keeps getting interrupted. I'm not really sure what to do. I would be so grateful if you could help me out with this!

Thanks! :) 

More about : internet interrupted

December 12, 2011 3:34:24 AM

Its about your WiFi internet conneciton.

1. This could be because of loose connection/bad cable (try disconnecting/reconnecting all cables between modem/router/pc etc)
2. If its about a laptop, try connecting to some other network to eliminate the possibility of any issue in your laptop.
m
l
December 12, 2011 5:33:20 AM

I tried connecting it to another network and it's still doing the same thing. The internet seems to work fine on other computers in the house as well
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2011 5:40:31 AM

Did you make any changes in this computer (any hardware/software added/removed) after which this problem started.
m
l
December 12, 2011 6:00:12 AM

None that I recall, but I do remember that I got a Windows Authentication virus from something.
m
l

Best solution

December 12, 2011 6:33:46 AM

Try to restore your system to a date when everything was working fine.
December 12, 2011 7:47:03 AM

Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu then Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button. Remove any ticks you find in the Proxy section and put a tick in "Automatically detect settings".

Click Apply and OK your way out then restart IE and see if that helped. If it did, it means you may not have fully removed the threat you saw so you need MalwareBytes to clean up. Download it free from http://www.malwarebytes.org and run it in Safe Mode.

m
l
December 12, 2011 3:09:10 PM

jsmakkar said:
Try to restore your system to a date when everything was working fine.

Everything seems to be running fine now at least for now! I feel like an idiot lol. Thanks for your help!
m
l
December 12, 2011 3:09:17 PM

Best answer selected by cubewhat.
m
l
December 12, 2011 10:22:16 PM

cubewhat said:
Everything seems to be running fine now at least for now! I feel like an idiot lol. Thanks for your help!

No worries. I am glad something worked.
Happy Holidays!!!
m
l
December 17, 2011 2:39:17 AM

Hello spsps

Welcome to Forums.

May I request you to start a new thread for your question.
m
l
!