My first gaming computer. Really need your help.

goncalopoeiras

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Hello guys. So, I want a gaming computer for christmas and my budget is low, so since it is my first and I don't understand nothing about hardware I came here to get your help. I've been reading other posts but none of them really met my requirements, so I've created an account and started my own.

Approximate Purchase Date: Christmas

Budget Range: 700-750€

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing the net, general uses.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: No

Parts Preferences: I don't have any preferences. I want the better parts, no matter the brand.

Overclocking: GPU Maybe / CPU No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future but probably not.

Your Monitor Resolution: I don't have a monitor yet, but I think 1080p is the way to go.

Additional Comments: Need a gaming pc, future-proof, no recording nor rendering.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Since I started gaming, the only computers I had were laptops and I always had to lower the resolution and the settings to the minimum (and some of them still didn't run at decent fps). So now, I just want a computer to play all the games, and the ones that will come, without having that fps lag which is very annoying. With this budget I would want the best performance for gaming. I know it won't last forever but I will only upgrade when the future games can't be run with the lowest settings (I have no problem playing at low settings, I've got used to it), and I hope that day will take long to arrive.
So, short story short, I want to play all the recent and future games at decent fps for the maximum of time.

Now, the shop is limited, I know, but I can only buy from here (I will post the links from the parts, since the shop is in portuguese):
Processors
Motherboards
RAM
Graphics Cards
Hard Drives(not more than 500GB since in my current pc Im only using 100GB)
Cases(maybe the cheapest one)
Power Supplies
Cooling(don't think I need it since Im not overclocking the CPU but Im a hardware noob so, feel free to give your opinion)
DVD Burners(maybe the cheapest one)
Monitors(I know nothing about monitors but maybe 1080p)

Thanks guys.

Try this on for size. What's it come out to, about?

Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) 6MB BOX
Motherboard: Out of those, I like the Asus P8B75-V Intel B75 SK1155. Any B75 or h77 chipset motherboard that's atx (not mATX or mini-ITX)
Ram: Get 8GB of 1600MHz ram with a cas latency of 9. Get the cheapest dual-channel (two sticks of 4gb each) ram that fills those specs.
Graphics cards: Radeon 7870 or 7950
Hard Drive: Go with a 500GB western digital blue. I'd also think about getting an SSD. They're expensive, but up to ten times faster than a normal hard drive, and don't have mechanical parts.
Case: Not just the cheapest one, has to have decent airflow. Do they have the NZXT Gamma Classic?
Power Supply: Corsair or Seasonic 500-550w
Cooling: If you aren't overclocking, go with it.
DVD Burner: Think about if you really need it - if so, the cheapest one.
Monitor: Asus VE247H LED FullHD 1080P HDMI 2ms

Also, do you have to buy Windows 7 or do you have a copy?

goncalopoeiras

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

I already have a copy, don't need to buy it. Thanks for your help :)

goncalopoeiras

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012

They don't have that case. I wont be able to get a ssd, atleast now, but I'll be looking forward to it in the future.
And last but not least that build is way out of my budget, I can't get over 750€.
Thanks for your help though but I would like a build that doesnt get over my budget :)