Cyber Monday help

Hey everyone! Happy Cyber Monday! Seeing as it is CyberPower Monday on their website, I've decided to take a stab at building a computer. Let me know what you guys think and if I should change anything.

Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
Noise Reduction Technology: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Cooling Fan: Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler (Designed for Over-Clocker King)(CLP0575) SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 2x Thunderbolt, Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, HDMI, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [Free upgrade from 1600MHz Major Brand])
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Power Supply Upgrade: 750 Watts - Corsair Professional Series CMPSU-AX750 Gold 80 Plus Power Supply
Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional (64-bit Edition)
13 answers Last reply
More about cyber monday help
  1. Don't they build it for you?

And how much are you paying for this?
  2. Yes they build it for you. These are just the options I chose. And it's $1669 because I added a monitor as well as an SSD.
  3. That's quite expensive for a setup like that. I think it would be cheaper to build yourself.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($386.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($110.36 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Asus VH222H-P 21.5" Monitor ($162.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1411.21
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-26 18:36 EST-0500)
  4. That is a very appealing price. Where would I go for tutorials in such to put the system together? And are there any materials I would need to buy for the assembly process?
  5. You need a Phillips head screwdriver and (if you want) an anti-static wrist strap. I don't use the strap on my personal builds, but when I do them for other people, I tend to use the strap to be careful.

Youtube has some great tutorials on it. The Newegg tutorial is a good one (part 2 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls)

Its not as hard as many people think it is. And then you don't get all of the CyberPower logos all over the place.
  6. Fair enough. Hopefully I can get these parts ordered soon. Can't wait to own a new machine, especially one made by my own hands.
  7. Its pretty exciting building your own. Its an awesome sense of accomplishment when it works.

You just have to be careful though. Some tips:

-Do not build on carpet
    -Make sure if you are not wearing a wrist strap to ground yourself before touching anything (pretty much anything). You can do this by touching the metal of the case.
    -The parts are more sturdy than you think. They are just prone to static. The least sturdy parts are the HDD's. Don't drop them.
  8. Any other case options you recommend? I like the look of the white with the blue LED, but I feel like a black case would be easier in terms of cleaning and managment
  9. Just get one with good cable management and airflow and you should be fine. I don't like to recommend cases because its a matter of preference.
  10. The Antec Nine Hundred seems to be a good option according to Newegg. Opinion on that one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
  11. Yup. Nice quality case. If it looks good to you, then go for it. Personally I like a classy case, but my friend likes a totally wild case. That's why I have the NZXT H2 and he has the Phantom 410.

It really is just a matter of preference.
  12. That's understandable. I feel like I'm a bit mixed. I want it to stand out but I don't want it to look too crazy.

I feel like cable set up will be my biggest weak point in terms of the whole installation. That and forgetting about static buildup haha
  13. The cable management just takes some time. The static buildup just takes remembering. As long as you arent on carpet though you should be ok.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Systems Product