smoats

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I am having trouble finding out what's wrong with my computer.

Here's my specs:

Hp pavilion p6130y

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01748306&lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3942799&prodTypeId=12454

MOBO: Pegatron M2N78-LA (Violet)

PSU: OCZ-ZT550W ZT Series 550W

CPU: Phenom X4 9750

RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) (Whatever came with it originally)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB DDR5 PCI-e

HDD: 750 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM

Yesterday I went to turn my PC on and it got to the microsoft logo with the green loading bar and never stopped loading. It never got to the log in screen and after two hours I shut it off by the front power switch and tried again. This time the loading screen was only up for a minute before it went to a black screen with an arrow and stopped.

I tried to go to start up repair and got the same screen. I tried to go to last known good configuration same deal.

Every F button sent me to a black or blue screen with an arrow.

Deciding it must be something with the hardware I tried taking out my GPU same deal.

I reseated everything. Same deal.

Eventually I cleared the CMOS by the jumpers ( I haven't tried removing the battery. Should I?)

Now when I start it up I don't even get to the POST. I just get two long beeps when I first turn it on and then one short beep and a long beep after that.

I don't know what else to try.

I don't think it's my PSU since I bought that brand new in April off of Tiger Direct.

I'm starting to think that it's my MOBO, but I hope not.

Also I have gone through the steps listed here.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-13-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

Solution
"I just get two long beeps when I first turn it on and then one short beep and a long beep after that. "

Well I can't find any reference to that particular beep sequence, not for any make of PC or BIOS hardware.
Faulty RAM and/or graphics adapter are worth investigating - they are always cropping up as items which trigger unusual BIOS beeps.
"I just get two long beeps when I first turn it on and then one short beep and a long beep after that. "

Well I can't find any reference to that particular beep sequence, not for any make of PC or BIOS hardware.
Faulty RAM and/or graphics adapter are worth investigating - they are always cropping up as items which trigger unusual BIOS beeps.

Solution